• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guys, what are some of your favorite cases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

So, I plan on building a new pc with the 6700k when skylake is released and am already looking at cases, especially cube cases. So tell me, what is your favorite cube case, mid tower case and full tower cases? The more info and opinions the better. Ready, set, go! :attn:

Doesn't get more cube than MountainMods I would say ;D But really I have a certain love for the CaseLabs Mercury line of product when it comes to cube cases, even though the case I will be picking up here shortly will be the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv.

I got a corsair, air 540 just a little back and really like it, it can be a little limiting but the way I like to cramp stuff in a case it's a good thing.
the only real knock I can give it is that I don't like the 5.25 bays turned on thier sides.

Cube -Corsair Air 540

Full - Phanteks - Enthoo Primo

Mid - Corsair Obsidian 450D

I have the X9. It is an absolute monstrosity... in a good way... if you like that sort of thing.

Cable management, done properly, is a challenge to do right because it requires LONG runs to get this out of site. Check out my review of it on the front page. ;)

Okay, so that takes out the Lian Li PC-O8 I just reviewed.
Takes out most Case Labs stuff also.

Have you looked at Phanteks cases?

If they weren't so big, my favorite cases are:
Silverstone FT02, Enthoo Primo, HAF X, Antec P182, Evolv ATX, NZXT 440

But I am all about SFF, and I am still waiting for killer mATX case. Enthoo Evolv mATX so far is the closest to that description.

My favorite full tower case would have to be the Corsair 900D. I've never actually had the chance to build in one (though my current build was very close), but maybe some day. My 750D is pretty awesome though.

For a mid tower, I've only had a CM Storm Scout v1, and it's a good case, but not the greatest I would imagine. There were a few areas that I felt were lacking, but it did the job.

I don't really care for cube cases, but that's just my opinion. If I had to pick one, it'd probably be the Corsair 540.

The Cooler Master HAF XB EVO is a pretty great cube case. The internal layout is not the best for cable management, but it isolates the main components, and can easily support even the heaviest CPU Coolers, since the motherboard sits horizontal.

Cases are a whole lot of personal preference. But if I was looking in your price range, and wanted something big, kind of flashy, and easy to work in, here is my shortlist:
Silverstone Raven, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, Corsair 760T, Cooler Master Cosmos.

NZXT Switch 810 is what I'm planning to get. My aging Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 is getting somewhat cramped. And tho I modded the hell out of mine, it has served me well for some years, but I want a new case with more options. Especially with different rad size support.

I like the Phanteks Enthoo Primo, but I sure as hell ain't paying $300 for that when a case with 1/2 the price tag will do the same thing: House pc parts and look good.

But the Primo is ORANGE on the inside... That should be worth the $130 more than the Enthoo Pro, right?

Back