• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Differences between the GA-Z97X-SOC and the GA-Z97X-SOCFORCE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sn0w

Hello friends anyone knows exactly what the difference between these two motherboards apart from the network card as the official site that is the only difference.

I believe there is a more beefy VRM area in teh SOC FORCE... which is focused more on sub ambient overclocks, not a typical daily use... unless you are benchmarking sub ambient, get the SOC or a lesser board even.

My idea is for use with Dry Ice or LN2, he sought the difference.

I got a Force and it was DOA

Ended up with a OCF , highly recommend for sub ambient and conformal coating as well

1362917.jpg.png

I made couple of RMA for Z87X-OC and Z97X-SOC Force ( both are almost the same ). I can only say that all these boards are pretty fragile. 5 RMA ( should be more but I could live with some issues ) and in all cases were dead BIOS chips and problems with power delivery.
Gigabyte Z97X-SOC is great when it's working but I can't really recommend them. ASRock Z97 OC Formula is better designed and simply more solid motherboard. Also BIOS is much better in ASRock and simply all is working. In Gigabyte there are various issues with some settings depends from BIOS version.

Back