• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connection issues to ff14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
np, thanks for everyone attempting to help figure out.

I think it has to be an ISP issue..i mean if it was a ff14 issue..more people would have it right?

so I just used USB tethering from my phone and still having the same exact issue. This is the same 2 issues now with 2 different ISPS..one TWC, the other Verizon.

Same problem.

you did disable the other network adapter so it was for sure using the tethering yes?

Other minor things to check, make sure latest driver\firmware for your NIC and your router, enable QoS in your router, uninstall network device and delete drivers, let windows install default drivers upon reinstall.

If Pando Media Booster is installed, uninstall it.

Double check the ports:
UDP
55296-55551
TCP
80, 8080, 443, 55296-55551

80, 8080, and 443 are primarily for the client and the game itself.
55296-55551 are for the download function itself.

I did disable it.

I have tried 2 different NIC cards with different drivers, default and going to download latest, tried 2 different versions of windows. QoS is enabled, tried both enable and disabled Upnp, completely disabled firewall on router and PC, even used DMZ. Setup both port triggers and virtual servers.

No Pando media booster. Tried 2 different VPNs, WTFast and VyprVpn, 2 different ISPs.

would like to add, sometimes I do have 0 issues. Like yesterday. This issue didn't happen. But this was without resetting, no disconnection to internet no nothing. Just happens and doesn't happen randomly..but if it starts not happening..then it stays good.

Does this just sound like connections to the game..I just..so frustrating this issue..

Last edited:
Not bad on the # of hops, but I don't like the 12% loss on the hop in the middle there.

Not bad on the # of hops, but I don't like the 12% loss on the hop in the middle there.

me either, or the losses on all the ones after it, but they say its normal, and can't cause issue im having. Just looking at what others think

From what I've read, FF14 is really sensitive to packet loss; that's a game server administrator standard and explains the millions of posts about this issue over the last 4 years or what not... may have just been lucking out until this point when they may have changed the routing path.

From what I've read, FF14 is really sensitive to packet loss; that's a game server administrator standard and explains the millions of posts about this issue over the last 4 years or what not... may have just been lucking out until this point when they may have changed the routing path.

I spoke at great length to one of their tech supports..who swears up and down..no issues on their end..everything is perfect..and ISP says the same. ISP routing path says everything fine on their end..but i will monitor.

At this point..last thing to try is a new modem/router. if that doesn't work..I just dont think I can ever play. I honestly can't do anything else on my end.

The 90k error is prevelent to many people yes, but the D/C issue im having..where I actually get the symbol every 20-30 seconds and that I get the error way more than normal..I have only found 1 single person with a similiar issue..from 2 years ago. Dont know if they ever got it fixed.

Back