• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connection issues to ff14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

Can't seem to get help from isp or their support. Basically I can't stay connected. When in game if you disconnect..you get a symbol so others know. I get this symbol ever 10-20 seconds for about a second without actually disconnected but eventually I will get booted.

Ports forward..firewall on Windows and router down. Tried wtfast. No change. Tracert tells me on a certain hop I am drops about 60% of the time but wtfast tells me no packet losses.

Had no issues before switching to Windows 8.1 with Asus saber tooth. Now I do. Drivers up to date.

Has no issues on Windows 7 with my gigbye ud3p. These are only changes. Games fully compatible with 8 and 10 Windows.

So I'm.at a loss here...

Last edited:
I thought about a new LAN card..but..I mean..if lan didn't work..it didn't work right? but cheap enough solution to try.

Do you drop connection to anything else at the same time?

Can you run a ping www.google.com -t and play your game and see if you have any issues?

You could also go on dslreports.com and use their smokeping tool that should be able to see if you have any huge latency issues.

Do you see the issue with any other games, or just FF14?

Do you drop connection to anything else at the same time?

Can you run a ping www.google.com -t and play your game and see if you have any issues?

You could also go on dslreports.com and use their smokeping tool that should be able to see if you have any huge latency issues.

Do you see the issue with any other games, or just FF14?

No, it is only this game. I have used WTFast to tell me my connection info and no, there is no latency issues at all. I have 1 hop that drops ~60% of the time, but all hops after it are perfect and both WTFast and my ISP says this is normal and not an issue.

Windows firewall has the game inbound and out, and I turned it off, router has virtual servers set up, port triggers and port forwarding all set up, and then also disabled firewall. Tried DMZ, have tried different driver version and even now a new LAN card. No changes in any other these options. Have tried static and DHCP. No difference between direct connection or using a VPN like WTFast.

No other issues with any game, no latency issues, I can stream and keep downloads going the entire time without interruption. Its just this..and can't find anyone else with similar issue and SE says its not them..so..im at a complete loss here.

I had 0 issues before switching Mobos and upgrading to Windows 8.1. But with a new Lan card, and others play on 8.1 just fine, and its fully compatible..I ..just dont know.

Can't seem to get help from isp or their support. Basically I can't stay connected. When in game if you disconnect..you get a symbol so others know. I get this symbol ever 10-20 seconds for about a second without actually disconnected but eventually I will get booted...

No, it is only this game. I have used WTFast to tell me my connection info and no, there is no latency issues at all. I have 1 hop that drops ~60% of the time, but all hops after it are perfect and both WTFast and my ISP says this is normal and not an issue.

Sorry, if I had known this was limited to a single game and your other access and connecting programs had no issue, I wouldn't have suggested getting a different NIC. With your other reports and connections being solid, this is more of a forwarding map issue with your ISP and the path it's assigning you, which are based on your geographical location and the data route to the destination. You can try setting a different region or connecting to a different server all together for FF14 so that it may not even connect to or send data down that path with the bad node.

I've had this happen with every ISP I've had for a period over 3 years at least once, usually it's caused when they're upgrading an area, a natural disaster, appropriating loads with updated usage data, etc etc etc. depending on, well, everything. I would search for the address of that node, and post as many comments as you can complaining about drops and include your ISP name, do it everywhere you can find, dslreports, speedtest, etc. the more there are complaints of an issue, the sooner they'll notice there is an issue and put in the diagnostic (and subsequent repair) order.

Until then, I'd recommend using your cell phone and tethering (close all programs on your phone, of course don't go downloading a lot, just specifically for this game only, then switch back). 4G networks with Verizon and AT&T have pretty good response times since most of their Cellular Data is linked with their ISP service hubs, so that should bypass it, just don't forget and go watching whole series on Netflix and continue to check periodically with a ping to that hop and with the game.

Sadly, unless you were a business with a "superior" package, there's nothing else to do but wait... or possibly proxy connect if you want to research that (tethering's worth the first shot though). Good luck and let us know if this is suitable for now (and please post the IP of the hop, I'd be happy to post my results if they're crappy, addin' to the cause!) :cheers:

that should be plenty, just don't go web browsing, maybe play for 10 minutes and see how it goes. yeah tbone.rr, whoever that sucker is, he's got 74 hits on google and I recognized that and remembered the jokes over TS about getting boned by tbone.

will have to wait a month, my phone doesn't have tethering and foxfi no longer works after last update.

think that can cause this issue though? Both ISP and WTFast said it was normal..but I honestly..I dont know.

that can't be it. im connected right now and this hop is now 100% good on all of them and I am still having this issue.

its fully windows 8 compatible..and I would think others would have this issue on windows 8 no? I can try this weekend..

Honestly out of ideas.

So just to recap:

- Issue only happens on this specific computer on your network (the other computer on your network does not have this issue)
- Issue does not go away when plugged directly into the modem (bypassing the router)
- Issue happens either with VPN on or off
- Issue continues no matter which network card you use on your current computer
- Issue persists on Win7 or Win8
- ISP says they don't see anything wrong, and neither does SOE?
- No other online games appear to be affected, only FF14

Did I miss anything?

Honestly out of ideas.

So just to recap:

- Issue only happens on this specific computer on your network (the other computer on your network does not have this issue)
- Issue does not go away when plugged directly into the modem (bypassing the router)
- Issue happens either with VPN on or off
- Issue continues no matter which network card you use on your current computer
- Issue persists on Win7 or Win8
- ISP says they don't see anything wrong, and neither does SOE?
- No other online games appear to be affected, only FF14

Did I miss anything?

all correct except on specific computer. I only have this computer to test. The other windows/mobo I used I replaced in this one that worked fine.

Do you have a friend/parent/etc that you can take your computer to and plugin there to see if the issue appears while visiting/hanging out?

unfortunately not. Im going to try tethering when I can change my plan in august..see if I see a difference

Back