• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NotDoge

Registered
Okay so for a few days now I've found the most perfect monitor , that is friendly for a 3 monitor setup. but then to closer inspection ... it only has 1 hdmi port when the Video card i have has only one hdmi port and i dont think any video cards even support 3 way HDMI , and plus the video card i have right now is perfect, so the question is ... does anyone know a thin bezel monitor that can be wall mounted?
p.s could i have the monitor run @ 1920x1080 resoulution , becuase when it comes to 4k my video card doesn't do too great :)
thanks in advance also my budget is 150$ for individual monitors

Last edited:
Any that has standard VESA mounts will attach to brackets which can mount the wall (which you can find in the specifications).

While 3x 1080p monitors are not nearly as many pixels as 4K, it still takes some horsepower to run 5760x1080p. What video card do you have? Can you please create a signature with your system specs so we can assist better?

He wants to run it from a 970. The first thing is to find monitors that use displayport.

I kinda feel like 3X1080p is pushing it for a gtx 970. I was trying to do 3440x1440p with a gtx 970 which is fewer pixels than 3x1080. It was playable even in demanding games, but it was on the border in some games. Then again I like all the bells and whistles turned on (not counting Anti Aliasing which is still too much on a 980ti.) I suppose if you drop some settings 3X 1080p will still work.

That 970 will struggle a little at 5760x1080.
You'll have to drop some settings to keep frames up.

That 970 will struggle a little at 5760x1080.
You'll have to drop some settings to keep frames up.

i wont be doing any serious gaming like crysis and battle field , ill be playing minecraft with some light shaders , and im not going to be running the game on all 3 screens because in my opinion that distorts the game and makes it completely unplayable ( be gentle i like my preferences ).
p.s my build

So you're gaming on one monitor while using three?
I'm assuming they're for productivity then?

So you're gaming on one monitor while using three?
I'm assuming they're for productivity then?

yes, what i want is
One monitor to run OBS
One monitor For gaming
and the last to show twitch chat

- - - Updated - - -

yes, what i want is
One monitor to run OBS
One monitor For gaming

im also open to changes with my build :)

yes, what i want is
One monitor to run OBS
One monitor For gaming

- - - Updated - - -

im also open to changes with my build :)

All those details would have been good for the OP :p
You don't own all the parts already?

ordering them as of right now, also i am the OP :)

I'm just saying it would have been good to know the planned usage, I knew you were the OP lol.

Mind holding off on the ordering till I can make a few tweaks?

I'm just saying it would have been good to know the planned usage, I knew you were the OP lol.

Mind holding off on the ordering till I can make a few tweaks?

yeah i only got a couple orders in since prices are always fluctuating so im holding off untill the cheapest prices come up

First, I'd suggest wired network for streaming.
Second, that cooler isn't going to keep up with the 8350 very long. Actually, I'd probably go Intel for this.
Third, it's a pipe dream to think that an FX chip would run 2400MHz RAM.
Fourth, as good as the Gentle Typhoon is there are better case fans.
And lastly, even though it'd kick you above your current total, I'd highly suggest an SSD for the OS and games.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W8X9dC

I'll just leave this here in regards to the previous post, http://camelcamelcamel.com/. Nifty little site.

Which parts do you already have ordered? I would aim you at an i5 build personally, because you can use the 970 to stream from the gpu via OBS.

*EDIT*
lol, looks like ATM posted before I finished typing, his build has you covered.

Second, that cooler isn't going to keep up with the 8350 very long. Actually, I'd probably go Intel for this.
And lastly, even though it'd kick you above your current total, I'd highly suggest an SSD for the OS and games.

i really only got he gentle typhoons because , they were the most recommended in other forums to pushing air through radiators, and from a price to performance stand point AMD excels, the 8 cores would also really help with rendering. also i like hybrid storage, mostly because you don't need to hassle with windows configuration. i think its such a big hassle to configure windows to boot from one , and to store from another.

- - - Updated - - -

NNOOOOO, the monitors are SOO GOOD , but no display port !!!

i really only got he gentle typhoons because , they were the most recommended in other forums to pushing air through radiators, and from a price to performance stand point AMD excels, the 8 cores would also really help with rendering. also i like hybrid storage, mostly because you don't need to hassle with windows configuration. i think its such a big hassle to configure windows to boot from one , and to store from another.

- - - Updated - - -

NNOOOOO, the monitors are SOO GOOD , but no display port !!!

Like I said, GT's are amazing for radiators, but there are better fans for use just as case fans.

You'll want those Dell monitors over the ones you picked, they have much better panels in them.
The ones I put on there are the little brother to my monitor the U2414H.
http://www.amazon.com/Startech-DP2HDMI-DisplayPort-Adapter-Converter/dp/B0017K6BDW
You only need one adapter, you have an HDMI and DVI output.

Like I said, GT's are amazing for radiators, but there are better fans for use just as case fans.

You'll want those Dell monitors over the ones you picked, they have much better panels in them.
The ones I put on there are the little brother to my monitor the U2414H.
http://www.amazon.com/Startech-DP2HDMI-DisplayPort-Adapter-Converter/dp/B0017K6BDW
You only need one adapter, you have an HDMI and DVI output.

do adapters have a delay ,will it affect performance?

Back