• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 980 continuos crashes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrankMetal

Hi guys, i bought a reference 980 recentely and put a waterblock in it.
The issue started with some lack of performance, for example the clock speed was stuck at 400mhz...Not a big deal, just reboot the computer and it works great right? Never mind. After a few days i started having the same lack of performance, but this time with full clock speed and full core load (5-10 fps in very old games). I have this result with stock and 120mhz core overclock. I'm starting to think that this is a driver issue related with Maxwell GPUs.
Not to mentioning the fact that games started to crash more often than normal (normal = with my old 770) and nvidia drivers too. I'm trying to downgrade the driver and see what happened.
Hope someone found this thread cause he has the same issue cause i haven't found any with my same problems.

DRIVER IM USING ARE 353.30.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Hi guys, i bought a reference 980 recentely and put a waterblock in it.
The issue started with some lack of performance, for example the clock speed was stuck at 400mhz...Not a big deal, just reboot the computer and it works great right? Never mind. After a few days i started having the same lack of performance, but this time with full clock speed and full core load (5-10 fps in very old games). I have this result with stock and 120mhz core overclock. I'm starting to think that this is a driver issue related with Maxwell GPUs.
Not to mentioning the fact that games started to crash more often than normal (normal = with my old 770) and nvidia drivers too. I'm trying to downgrade the driver and see what happened.
Hope someone found this thread cause he has the same issue cause i haven't found any with my same problems.

DRIVER IM USING ARE 353.30.

Thanks for the help.

Try this driver. The latest official has issues with TDR's, especuilly with Chrome. https://forums.geforce.com/default/...eforce-hotfix-driver-353-49-released-7-8-15-/

Back