• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

There isn't a whole lot we can say about EVGA that most PC enthusiasts don't already know. They have been NVIDIA's top selling graphics card maker for quite a while now, which is no big surprise given their history of providing top notch products. NVIDIA's recent GTX 980 Ti release gives EVGA another chance to show their wares, and they've done just that by rolling out their new GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX 2.0+. EVGA's Classified video cards have a long history of being top performers in their class, which makes them a popular choice among the hardcore gaming and overclocking crowd. Let's go have a look and see what EVGA brings to the table this time around.
Click here to view the article.

That's some sweet HW right there. Nice write up Dino

Last edited:
Good review LV! It's nice to see they included a backplate on this beast, hope to have one soon.:D

Another well done review.

Looking forward to your EVGA GTX 980 Ti HydroCopper review . . . .

EDIT (8/5/2015):
My EVGA GTC 980 Ti HydroCopper arrived.
I have a ASUS PG278Q ROG Swift monitor (1440 resolution).
CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz
I ran Heaven v 4.0 benchmark at 1080 resolution DX 9; to try to compare results with EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified Graphics Card Review by Lvcoyote on July 21, 2015.
http://www.overclockers.com/evga-gtx-980-ti-classified-graphics-card-review/

nvidia driver 353.62
Windows 7 Pro

I think Lvcoyote ran a different version of Heaven than I did.
evga_gtx980ti_classified-37-640x315.jpg
His image shows a score of 5201.05 running DX9 at Basic, and "xtreme" DXN.
about 1.0.3

I did not see those options on my version 4.0.

I used EVGA's PrecisionX16 to set the GPU to:
GPU +151
Mem +400

GPU-Z shows the GPU clock : 1291
Boost: 1379
Memory: 1953
FPS: 173.1
Score: 4361
Min Fps: 38.1
Max FPS: 301.2
Set on ULTRA

I do not see how I can really compare my results to his.

Last edited:
Back