• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmag1k

Registered
I recently upgraded my mobo to an MSI z97 Gamer 7 and for whatever reason, my Level 10 GT Snow case won't change colors and I cant control the fan speed. The fan controller at the top of the case is powered on via the molex connector, and it has lights on it and it responds when I push the buttons (a small light illuminates on the selection i push), but it doesn't do anything to change the fan speed or swap between the different colors (red, blue, green). It just stays to its default all blue and the fan speeds dont change.

All 3 fans are connected to SYS FAN on the mobo and are all powered on and spinning w/ the LED's illuminated. The top, side, and front fans are all working, just not responding to the fan controllers inputs.

Does anyone else have this case or have had a similar experience? I would think the fan controller would be broken, but its powered on and receives input so I'm sort of baffled. Any and all help appreciated.

omg... i'm an idiot. I just realized while responding to you what I had done wrong. I was powering the fans from both the motherboard and the controller. why did i do that!? of course it's not going to get a signal from the controller, it's already getting a signal from the motherboard. I just need to disconnect the fans from the motherboard and connect all the fans via molex to the controller. god... im so annoyed with myself right now... :screwy:

So...I finally got around to messing with this. Low and behold, it's still not working. None of the fans are connected to the mobo, all are connected via Molex and to connected to each other. The Controller still lights up and the buttons change when I press them, but the fans all stay blue and dont change speed. Not sure what else to do...

I made a username just to comment on this thread. I have the exact same case as you with the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard. I'm also having the exact same problem. In my case, the button to rotate the color scheme of the case used to work for a day, and suddenly doesn't, despite the wiring having not changed since. The case lights stay blue no matter what. Like you said, the button itself changes colors to indicate that it ought to be changing the color scheme, but there's no actual change to the lights of the case.

I'm a complete amateur at this, so if anyone figures it out, please drop a line. Thanks.

Back