• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice from the gods :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DopeLovinghippy

Registered
hey guys newbie to the fourms was hoping someone would kindly give opinion on if I should have plenty of cooling for AMD FX-9590 I have coming ..... not to sure what specs of system you need .....:D

3x Arctic Cooling 120mm F12 Fan (already owned)
2x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 360mm (already owned)
6x XSPC 120mm Xinruilian Fan 2000RPM (already owned)
1x XSPC D5 Photon 270 Reservoir/Pump Combo (already owned)
1x AMD FX-9590 Black Edition (ordered)
1x CoolerMaster HAF Stacker 935 Modular Tower (already owned)
1x CoolerMaster HAF Stacker 915F Mini ITX Modular Case (already owned)
1x ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard R2.0 (ordered)
2x Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 2x4Gb (already owned)
1x RayStorm CPU Waterblock (already owned)
1x EX240 Dual Radiator (already owned)
4x XSPC 1650rpm 120mm Fan (already owned)
1x Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W (already owned)
2x EVGA GTX 480 hydro coppers overclocked (I know they're old but still go alright next on list to be replaced)

I don't know the answer to your question good sir, but I do believe I could cool 3 or 4 machines with lesser cpu's with what you have listed :) that's a nice collection!

hey guys newbie to the fourms was hoping someone would kindly give opinion on if I should have plenty of cooling for AMD FX-9590 I have coming ..... not to sure what specs of system you need .....:D

3x Arctic Cooling 120mm F12 Fan (already owned)
2x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 360mm (already owned)
6x XSPC 120mm Xinruilian Fan 2000RPM (already owned)
1x XSPC D5 Photon 270 Reservoir/Pump Combo (already owned)
1x AMD FX-9590 Black Edition (ordered)
1x CoolerMaster HAF Stacker 935 Modular Tower (already owned)
1x CoolerMaster HAF Stacker 915F Mini ITX Modular Case (already owned)
1x ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard R2.0 (ordered)
2x Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 2x4Gb (already owned)
1x RayStorm CPU Waterblock (already owned)
1x EX240 Dual Radiator (already owned)
4x XSPC 1650rpm 120mm Fan (already owned)
1x Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W (already owned)
2x EVGA GTX 480 hydro coppers overclocked (I know they're old but still go alright next on list to be replaced)
Enough cooling will all depend on what Gpu you're running. If you're continue to run the pair of GTX 480's in the loop and plan on overclocking the 9590, you may not have enough rad. The Fx 9590 a space heater at stock clocks, try Ocing that thing to 5.0 and you're in for a real surprise!

Get rid of those 480s... Oy... not enough vram to run 1080p titles well with only 1.28GB...

Your cooling listed is I think on par with mine or at least pretty close. The big difference is your 2 480s and how much heat they will dump into your loop. Is it enough? Like Mandrake4565 said above probably you have a little work ahead to find out.

These FX9590 chips run hot, possibly hotter then a similar FX8XXX chip overclocked to similar numbers. For example most of the users with an FX9590 that have posted the PState for their chips have shown a factory PState of 1.524v which automatically will create a huge heat load compared to say my 8370 @ 5050MHZ at roughly 1.488v.

Yes I know different chips the 9590 is a higher leakage chip compared to most of the new FX8XXX which does make a difference. Like Mandrake4565 said above be prepared for the heat.

hahaha love it ... from what I read I figure they'd push some heat lol ... good news I wont need to run a heater the rest of winter :p ...... if I have to go better fans and radiator or second loop is there anying you would recommend

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know the answer to your question good sir, but I do believe I could cool 3 or 4 machines with lesser cpu's with what you have listed :) that's a nice collection!

cheers man it aint perfect but will be again lol ..... having a family I stepped away from pcs for awhile

- - - Updated - - -

Get rid of those 480s... Oy... not enough vram to run 1080p titles well with only 1.28GB...

yeah they be old .. but at just over 900mhz each (907) and shaders at 1814mhz and 2100mhz memory clock the only game that's killed it at 1080p is watched dogs (but new cards are a must )

I have to agree, if you took the 480s out then there's no issue with cooling. Take the money you're willing to spend on rads/fans, etc... and from the sale of the 480s and buy a GTX970 it's a great card and not a bad price. Just my 2¢

hahaha love it ... from what I read I figure they'd push some heat lol ... good news I wont need to run a heater the rest of winter :p ...... if I have to go better fans and radiator or second loop is there anying you would recommend

I feel your best bet is to just get it up and running, see where you are at and take it from there. I am not a big fan of the Fx 9590 chips and have seen more times then I can count users having issues trying to run them even stock. You have at least purchased a proper motherboard and may have just enough cooling to get it running at stock clocks. Most of the time when people come here trying to run a 9590 they do not have top notch components, which are needed to do so. I also do not think these Fx 9590's are 225 w chips, which is one of the reasons users are having issues in the first place.

Bottom line is when you get it, set it up and go from there. If you're having issues we'll iron them out at that time.

Guys, guys, he has enough rads for his loop. He has 120.8 of heat surface. I'm not sure if the best possible rad fans were purchased though. The rads are great but not the thicker 60mm or 80mm (Monsta).

Not sure if I would stick to OCing those 480s. I myself had two of them on air. Will never forget the experience. Keep using them though as they have a life time warranty. When one of mine went bad, they both go replaced with 2 GTX 760s. Night and day difference and were a tad more powerful than the 480s with more Vram.

I agree though, I would look to purchase say a 980 or 980 Ti + WB and never look back. Granted it is pricey.

Last edited:
Guys, guys, he has enough rads for his loop. He has 120.8 of heat surface. I'm not if the best possible rad fans were purchased though. The rads are great but not the thicker 60mm or 80mm (Monsta).
Crap I missed the "2x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 360mm", thanks for catching that GTXJB. Sorry DLH my bad.

I have to agree, if you took the 480s out then there's no issue with cooling. Take the money you're willing to spend on rads/fans, etc... and from the sale of the 480s and buy a GTX970 it's a great card and not a bad price. Just my 2¢

yeah cards are going for sure ... will put in a rig with old board & my 1090t BE or 955 BE(hopefully overclocked) and hand it down to missus ..... was looking at going cards first but was think of waiting on 980's dropping abit as id like to go SLI again

Guys, guys, he has enough rads for his loop. He has 120.8 of heat surface. I'm not sure if the best possible rad fans were purchased though. The rads are great but not the thicker 60mm or 80mm (Monsta).

Not sure if I would stick to OCing those 480s. I myself had two of them on air. Will never forget the experience. Keep using them though as they have a life time warranty. When one of mine went bad, they both go replaced with 2 GTX 760s. Night and day difference and were a tad more powerful than the 480s with more Vram.

I agree though, I would look to purchase say a 980 or 980 Ti + WB and never look back. Granted it is pricey.

yeah ill wear that did cheap out on fans lol ....480's they're a power hog lol but stable have never seen temp go over 45 degrees will gaming.... cheers for advice

- - - Updated - - -

Crap I missed the "2x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 360mm", thanks for catching that GTXJB. Sorry DLH my bad.

nah ur all good mate :)

yeah cards are going for sure ... will put in a rig with old board & my 1090t BE or 955 BE(hopefully overclocked) and hand it down to missus ..... was looking at going cards first but was think of waiting on 980's dropping abit as id like to go SLI again
why sli? SAve yourself the hassle and go single card Unless you game at 4k resolutions.

looks do count for a lot.

i think so :p

motherboard and ram arrived today ..... forgot how much of a pain it is getting air bubbles out this big bas*ard ..... middle of winter and and during graphics bench loop on Unigine Heaven-4.0..... temp on cards is saying 42 degrees celsius ... its like 18 degrees today

Last edited by a moderator:
Fx-9590.png fx-9590 r.png

got it all together and these are idle temp vs half hour of gaming temp..... its about 18 here at the moment how high can i expect to see temp go in summer when i can get 40-46

- - - Updated - - -

Fx-9590.png fx-9590 r.png

got it all together and these are idle temp vs half hour of gaming temp..... its about 18 here at the moment how high can i expect to see temp go in summer when i can get 40-46

Back