• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advice from the gods :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you use A/C during summer days? It all depends on ambient room temp. You can only do so much. The cooler your ambient temp, the cooler the system will run and vise versa. Living in the basement with the AC on, my water temp at idle shows me 26c with the CPU and GPU both around 29c and dam its chilly down here. lol

Lower clocks and voltages if you are overclocked...
More airflow across the rads...

Are those temps with the GPUs loaded too? I ask that as you have to run the loop for at least 30 mins (an hour really) to see where temps will end up in a worst case scenario.

yeah use A/C it gets to 45 degrees here in summer so i know im gonna see it jump for sure yeah my water temp is telling me its 25 degrees which is about what cpu idles at do you think better fans could make a difference i still have 10 odd spare 120 mm mounting oints so i might just fill it up haha if it will help

It all depends on your room temp. If its 45C in your room and it was 25C, then your temps will rise 20C.

Some thoughts......

Your idle temp with an AMD FX CPU is not accurate that has been stated already many times. The temp being reported as your core temp from the sensor will not show accurate till around 40*C, stated by AMD back a while ago so comparing it to your water temp which should be accurate is kinda redundant.

You have some good temps adding more fans might get you a degree or two more, unless the fans were cheap and not properly matched to your rad when you build. If that's the case then adding fans might not be the best solution as getting the proper fans for your loop. It would certainly cut down in noise.

IMHO

the fans were cheap but move a fair amount of air not to worried about the noise at fall song its to be expected with 18 fans in it ..... im guessing there will be a 10 or so degree difference in summer with ac on (pretty hard to get house cold in aussie outback) would locking clocks at 4.7ghz help at all ??

cool so ill wait till summer i reckon if she is to bad ill lock clocks at 4.7 and try find stable voltage cheers lads .....

I wouldnt worry about arbitrary goals ike that honestly. As was said a couple of times, the sensor isnt really accurate until around that point in tbe first place.

nah i'm not aiming to do it (anymore) just curiosity i guess ...... i'm happy with my temps compared to what i have seen on a lot of 9590 posts

Last edited:
thought id update on my current cards ... picked up 2 x evga gtx 780's with xspc water blocks probably not the ideal choice but for the price to good to pass up

im happy with em for sure :) ..... do you think i maybe paid to much i paid $600 Australian for them ($421.02 us) for both with water blocks

im happy with em for sure :) ..... do you think i maybe paid to much i paid $600 Australian for them ($421.02 us) for both with water blocks
Don't worry about what we think, if you're happy with them then enjoy them. Though, with full cover blocks on them it seems like a good price.

That's actually a phenomenal deal. Won't find that around if you're super uber lucky at that price range, including the WBs.

thought it was a steal glad i got them .... would any of you guys possibly know if these would use more or less power than the 480s

Back