• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blew the processor. System upgrade time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you don't like the sound, use the optical output and get a good DAC

good choice with the 4690K rig, I love all of my amd stuff, much more fun to clock than my intel stuff but just falls short on the game and throughput side of things.

The ALC 887 CODEC's sound is adequate, just not great. It's fine for listening to music and gaming, just don't expect studio-grade performance.

I feel you made a good decision here gargant, I love my AMD chips but I will always look for the best possible setup for a uses needs. A lot of people do not realize how demanding these Fx chips are on the components surrounding them. When it comes to a total system build you usually do not save all that much when going AMD over Intel these days. Then you have performance, which in most instances AMD just falls flat on their faces.

Espically since most modern games arnt optimized for anything more than 4/6 cores, the 8350s two more would almost be wasted. Plus the heat and energy saving vs the Intel chip and chipset are literally around half of the AMD.

Thanks again for the help all.

I haven't seen the MSRP of the upcoming Skylake cpus, but they should be launching in about 2-3 weeks of you can hold off. Otherwise you will be quite happy with your system!

I don't think I'd mess with waiting for Skylake in his situation, as it won't really offer much in the way of performance increases (aside from the expensive DDR4 memory), and he's without a system right now.

I don't think I'd mess with waiting for Skylake in his situation, as it won't really offer much in the way of performance increases (aside from the expensive DDR4 memory), and he's without a system right now.

Hit the nail on the head haha. Getting tired of using my work laptop for everything.

I haven't seen the MSRP of the upcoming Skylake cpus, but they should be launching in about 2-3 weeks of you can hold off. Otherwise you will be quite happy with your system!

Minus I gpu Performance, skylake seems to not be a good boost compared to the 4790k

Back