• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Expect stable to lower RAM pricing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robert17

Premium Member
"The sources also expressed pessimism about the outlook for server DRAM, specialty DRAM and other niche-market DRAM prices, influenced by falling PC DRAM prices. The DRAM industry could be again trapped in a vicious circle, following three years of prosperity, the sources said."

...at least, according to this article.

I can only expect that manufacturers will try to push higher capacity memory since prices are lower and all are looking for best profit.
DDR4 prices are 50% lower than ~4 months ago. I don't think it will drop much more. Probably we will see some improvements or higher capacity IC. There is already new BIOS for ASUS boards with 16GB module support.

Ya, the fluctuations recently have been pretty severe, based on watching PCPartPicker for the last 6 months. But, that fluctuation meant I was able to get 2x8GB of DDR3-2133 for $89. Not complaining about that price, unless the same RAM drops to like $75 in the next month...

Last week, I ordered up 32gb of DDR4 in preparation for Skylake...or X99 if Skylake turns out to be meh. Newegg also threw in a 10% discount code, so it was an amazing deal.

Back