• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking, CPU cooling help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Noobilator7

So in CPU-Z it says
CPU.PNG

Also it says
GPU.PNG
My GPU is 2GB not 1GB. What is going on??

I am pretty sure that says I am overclocking my CPU and GPU but I don't know how I did so.:confused:
How would un-overclock your CPU/GPU? I have checked online for other solutions but all of them say to go into my BIOS which does not give me as much as options as I see they are getting.
I can only see my system info, not change it.:bang head

I am very new to overclocking so bare with me.

I just did the Fire Strike test and I am getting a 4th of the fps i used to be getting! Help!

Overclocking a lap top is not recommended due to the increase in heat and lack of cooling. It is also doubtful that the BIOS will even have features to do so.

Nothing to undo it's not overclocked, it's a 2.7 Ghz processor that can turbo up to 3.5 when needed. It's showing 3.5 in the screen shot. What laptop exactly is it, are you 100% positive it is supposed to have more then 1 gig of VRam?

Nothing to undo it's not overclocked, it's a 2.7 Ghz processor that can turbo up to 3.5 when needed. It's showing 3.5 in the screen shot. What laptop exactly is it, are you 100% positive it is supposed to have more then 1 gig of VRam?

I am 1000% positive. It seems like i lost a gig of RAM? I had done the 3DMark Firestrike test before and have averaged 15 fps. Now when I do t I barely manage to get 6.

I can't seem to find anywhere where it says this CPU can be overclocked. Most laptops if not all are locked because as already stated, insufficient cooling.

Yup, it does say its 2 GB on the amazon product site.

Btw, just in case, use GPU-Z to make sure what we are seeing with CPU-Z is true.

If all else fails, I'd screenshot GPU-Z saying how much Vram you have. Than I'd get a hold of either Amazon or MSI.

Not to get too off topic but if you want to keep this laptop for a while, try seeing if you can get bumped to a GTX 970 3GB. :p

Thanks, I am returning for another laptop because of the Graphics card and the battery life is extremely bad. Guess I have to a get a Desktop.

Thanks, I am returning for another laptop because of the Graphics card and the battery life is extremely bad. Guess I have to a get a Desktop.

If you go with a laptop, make sure you get the overclocking version of CPUs and a GPU with a minimum of at least 3 GBs of RAM.

Back