• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CM 690III + Seidon 120V (ver.2) fan setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoNgOkO

Hello,

I just bought a CM 690III case and a Seidon 120V (ver.2) and I was wondering what the best fan setup is for maximum cooling.

The available fans I have are:
1x 200mm front fan
2x 120mm sickle flow
1x fan that came with the radiator (silencio FP 120 - high air pressure)
1x fan that came with the case (A12025-12CB-3BN-F1)

My current setup is this:
1x 200 mm front intake
2x 120 top exhaust

I have the radiator mounted top left corner in the case. I dont know if the radiator fans should pull the air inside our outside the case and which fan should be on which side of the radiator (since they are different models). I also included a schematic to make things more understandable. All input is welcome.

Thanks.
Songoko
Schematic.png

Generally,
Top and back = exhaust
Front, side, and bottom = intake

Rad is always better as intake.
Given your situation working with what you have, I would try the rad in the top front as intake and leave the top rear and back as exhaust. That's just me though.

I'm not a huge expert or anything, but given the case layout I wouldn't put the radiator on intake unless you can move it to the front by modding the ODD bays. Otherwise if set to intake in the current position, the hot air radiating out of the PSU would drift up and be sucked in the radiator. But, you would have to do some analysis to figure what air would be warmer, from the PSU or inside the case.

If I was dealing with your case I would use the below configuration.
Fan SuggestionOCF.jpg

Here is my take...

1. Front/sides = intake, top/rear = exhaust
2. Sure, you will get a couple C lower with the rad as intake, but are you really trying to break records? I would rather have a slightly warmer internal temps, than worry about the best temp for my CPU.
3. PSUs generally have their fan facing down so there isn't much radient heat to worry about. If its up, that problem doesn't exist if its fan is running. Most people don't worry about that.

In the end, I would mount your rad up top for exhaust along with another fan there and on the rear also exhausting. Keep the front and sides as intake.

No option listed (so far) is a deal breaker. They will all work just fine with your PC.

Back