• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How big

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OGMCVilleTC

Is your usb you use to store all your benchmarking software and associated files such as java?

I have a whole separate HDD for bench apps, tools, etc. Roughly 20 years worth. lol
I move only what I need to a usb stick when I need it.

1 tb drive, it has all my tools for benching and repairing, my operating system iso's and notes.

I was thinking about getting a drive to clone all the OSes. I heard it was easier instead of always doing a fresh install. I do have a synology NAS I could use to store that stuff. I just seen someone post a picture a few days ago of their usb drive for benching. Just couldn't remember who it was. Earthdog maybe?

for benching I have a tiny ssd, 40 gig sandisk I think, I have a custom win7 installed on it, just a fresh install, and i just clone from it when I want to bench that way WHEN I bork the os it's just another quick reclone.

- - - Updated - - -

an earthdog is half a pair of earthdog shoes........

I have a 16GB flash drive to hold all of my benching apps, drivers, etc. I have a separate mechanical drive to hold ISOs/etc for benching OSes.

Is there a good guide on cloning somewhere? I want to get all the OSes cloned as soon as possible to eliminate downtime. Also would I need to make a clone for each motherboard. I'm trying to run as efficiently as possible here.

I use my network drive, I have a folder dedicated to benching programs/software/screenshots

Mine is 16GB, although the actual benchmark installers only take up about 4.5GB of the drive. The drive is nearly full though, since I also have quite a lot of other things on the drive.

I don't keep installation files on my drive for Flash Player, Shockwave, or Java though. The programs just update too often, so I just do a manual download and install when I'm setting up a drive for a different system.

I don't have a NAS or file server, so a flash drive/thumb drive is a more convenient solution.

I have a 480gb ssd for everyday goods for the bench station and also keep a 256gb with bench os's on it and then have a 2tb hdd for all the drivers and bench goods with some music and movies. I can then refresh bench os's as needed and have quick access to everything I need. have basically the same setup for the everyday box as well

I actually am about to buy a nib sandisk extreme 2 240gb from a buddy for $50 that I think I'll put everything on plus my clones.

Back