• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy Windows Server Keys?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
I'm looking for a Server 2008 OR Server 2003 Key for my new server I now own. Because it's a 32bit server, Server 2008 R2 won't run.
I have a Server 2008R2 key, but I'm going to use it on my 2nd folding rig since I can't fold AMD cards under Linux...

I'm hopeing it's not going to cost me an arm and a leg for a key, especially for Server 2003.
Are there any site that are legit and offer keys for less then retail?

Thanks guys :)

S2k3 is on it's way out like XP. I don't know where you'd get a legitimate key now. Maybe a business that's upgraded might give you their old S2k3 COA.

What about S2k? It's old and easy to get? No activation either.

S2k3 is on it's way out like XP. I don't know where you'd get a legitimate key now. Maybe a business that's upgraded might give you their old S2k3 COA.

What about S2k? It's old and easy to get? No activation either.

Not sure how will S2k would play with Win 7, and Server 2008R2 and possibly Win 10 in the future...

IIRC there is backwards compatibility in Server 2008R2 and Win 7 for S2k

Bump, as I'd like to get server 2008 x86 on my server. That way it's more secure, familiar and I can actually put an up to date anti-virus on it.
Advanced Server 2000 is fun but let's face it, it's wayy too old.

Surely there must be some place where one can buy server OS's legitimately..

Your "server" can only run 32bit? I think that should be your focus, not trying to jam the round peg into the square hole.

Your "server" can only run 32bit? I think that should be your focus, not trying to jam the round peg into the square hole.

Yup. Dual pentium 3s. I wanted a server based around the 90's and the dual P3s were perfect.

That server OS is soon to be EOL, if it isn't already. May be hard to find legit copies from normal retailers outside of the gray market, eBay ,etc.

Server 2008 (even non-R2) has some life left (thru 2020), but x86/plain 2008 Standard isn't a particularly common key. You might luck out and find a MSDN partner key from someone. We used all ours doing various projects around the office over the past couple years, which probably isn't very common, so someone out there is probably sitting on a pile of old 2008 msdn keys and/or discs with keys on them.

2003 end of life was summer 2015.

Damn.
I can't even find a list of resellers. Ebay is a bit sketchy maybe less if the seller has a really high rating. Guess that's what Paypal is for charge back if it's not genuine?

I'll keep hunting. Keep the suggestions coming. :)

Damn.
I can't even find a list of resellers. Ebay is a bit sketchy maybe less if the seller has a really high rating. Guess that's what Paypal is for charge back if it's not genuine?

Be wary that software/license purchases are sometimes treated different than (other) physical items. Read the fine print.

I would say trust long time, flawless eBay feedback even if it costs a little more.

Deleted a couple of posts out. Please do not discuss ways around operating system authentication (aka pirating the OS).

Back