• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Laptop CPU underclocked like crazy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Justaclockbock

So the gaming laptop is the acer v15 nitro
gtx 860m
and of course the intel 4710HQ
Can somebody help me solve this problem?
So what I have tried:
My bios is latest version
I updated my chipset driver to latest
i went to power management and made sure my laptop is high performance(yes its plugged in)
I have a gaming laptop cooler its the massive lg23 by thermaltake
I have restarted my computer
I also tried unplugging the power and then poked the hole on the bottom of the laptop with a paper clip and it blacks out and restarts the computer(I think that resets the bios not sure)

cpu.png

cpu.png

Normal.
Put a load on it, it'll clock right up.

I played bf3 and it still was at 0.78ghz
and before that
i had sony vegas and photoshop open
with sony vegas rendering a 1 minute clip.
the cpu went to 92% however the cpu speed remained 0.75ghz

Your multi is locked on 8x.
I see you have Throttlestop on your desktop. What other software have you messed around with?
Uninstall all of it. You have a bad profile set somewhere.

the only non-acer branded software/driver I have used recently is just throttlestop but its a portable version(its in a folder not installed) and besides adobe software and games i havent done anything. And also prime95 just now. (the .75 ghz happened before i used throttle stop)
I have only attached a monitor and set the external monitor as the main monitor which is a 1680x1050 res instead of a fullhd res

this cpu problem is pretty fustrating
in bf3 i usually always get 60 fps now same unchanged settings im getting sometimes dips from 17 and high -45

I know its a laptop but by chance do you have any bios controls that would allow you to adjust the core ratio?

Post a picture of how you have ThrottleStop setup. Make sure that BD PROCHOT is not checked.

Run something simple like the built in TS Bench test to put a load on your CPU and then post a pic while that test is running.

If this is the problem, I will explain what BD PROCHOT is all about. It is a common problem in laptops. This problem can lock the CPU at the lowest multiplier (8), regardless of CPU load.

ThrottleStop 8.00
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0dpSo9k93jDTE1fcHNtbUMwdGc

Post a picture of how you have ThrottleStop setup. Make sure that BD PROCHOT is not checked.

Run something simple like the built in TS Bench test to put a load on your CPU and then post a pic while that test is running.

If this is the problem, I will explain what BD PROCHOT is all about. It is a common problem in laptops. This problem can lock the CPU at the lowest multiplier (8), regardless of CPU load.

ThrottleStop 8.00
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0dpSo9k93jDTE1fcHNtbUMwdGc
Thank you so much, yeah in throttle stop after i unchecked bd prochot and click 100% modulation and stuff for all 4 settings it worked. its back hovering 2.5ghz - 3.4 ghz now thanks!

Update: okay it is no longer .75 ghz buit its going so spontaneous hovering now from 1.2ghz to 2.49 ghz wtf it doesnt even touch stock speed??
anybody can help me with this problem?
is there a good throtle stop setting?

I would certainly remove that Throttle Stop software from the computer and do a system restore to a date earlier than the date of the install.

the only non-acer branded software/driver I have used recently is just throttlestop but its a portable version(its in a folder not installed) and besides adobe software and games i havent done anything. And also prime95 just now. (the .75 ghz happened before i used throttle stop)

Just so you know, I knew you lied to me.
Not giving people the whole story will not help you get your **** fixed.

Back