• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power plug information for a traveler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

Hi forum
On august 12 I am leaving to a trip in europe . I will be stopping in paris for 3 nights and then im flying to rome italy for 4 nights
I have a few electronics with me . a wallcharger for a galaxy s4 battery . a charger for a sony alpha 6000 camera and a charger for an s4 phone
they are all american . I am really worried about buying a wrong piece for an adapter . I am looking for an adapter that works in both italy and france . cheaper is better
thanks

Just get one of those "all in one" adapter kits and you should be good to go as long as all your devices can run on 240V. They're so cheap it's not worth tracking down the individual adapters.

Just get one of those "all in one" adapter kits and you should be good to go as long as all your devices can run on 240V. They're so cheap it's not worth tracking down the individual adapters.

Usually 230 V over there, even though 240 V exists.
And 240 V in Europe isn't like American 240 V, IIRC.

American 240 V is reportedly 2 120 V lines combined.

Back