• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new intel motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilinops

Registered
Hi I am looking for a new mother board as im making a new build but not finding any to my needs. right now im still running a 2010 setup consist of a x58a-ud7 rev 2.0 now I see that there is a GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 witch is 1150 not sure if this is the latest chip sets as I haven't been fallowing for couple years, but the motherboard also does not contain 2 either nets witch i would prefer as iv had one die on this board and a back up one still works I will be liquid cooling so any info on a good high end board / new chip series and board needs 6-10 sata ports or a decent sata card recommended.

Seems like a Z97 Extreme6 meets your needs.
Yes, that's the newest generation. Skylake comes out in a couple of weeks though.

Thanks i will look in to the Z97 Extreme6 has there been any info on Skylake if its only a couple weeks i may just wait for it, as wwhen i did the ud7 i didnt know but the new chips came out a week later.

No info other than speculation.

It won't be much more than 2-3 weeks.
I personally know people with review samples, but they're all under NDA.

Ok iv checked out the ASRock Z97 Extreme6 looks solid but not a big fan of asrock as iv had problems in the past and there customer service was terrible to the point I just bought a new item instead of wasting time, ill keep it mind but will still look it is solid looking though it should work with 980 ti sli. as for asus as much as they are good id like to keep them out as there gui bio is so bad imo.

Ok iv checked out the ASRock Z97 Extreme6 looks solid but not a big fan of asrock as iv had problems in the past and there customer service was terrible to the point I just bought a new item instead of wasting time, ill keep it mind but will still look it is solid looking though it should work with 980 ti sli.

How long ago was this? My experience with ASRock's RMA process was smooth and simple.

Was back in 2011 cant remember the board but helped with a build for a friend that choose a board and they gave us so much problems on a board that had a defective Ethernet chip and 2 dead sata port right out of the box. But as for now they may be better with there service but im not sure just kinda worried that will happen again.

Was back in 2011 cant remember the board but helped with a build for a friend that choose a board and they gave us so much problems on a board that had a defective Ethernet chip and 2 dead sata port right out of the box. But as for now they may be better with there service but im not sure just kinda worried that will happen again.

Yeah, they've come a long way since 2011.
I understand the hesitation of being mistreated by a company.

Any other decent boards also is the Swiftech MCP655 still a good pump or is there a better one to upgrade to?

Any other decent boards also is the Swiftech MCP655 still a good pump or is there a better one to upgrade to?

Quite a few good boards, use PCPartPicker to narrow your search.

It's still a good pump.
If you want PWM control, you could get an MCP50X.

so i picked up the asus maximus vii hero as my store didnt have much good board or features i want but i failed to see some problems also apparently the pcie 3.0 are not x16 there x8 not sure if that will effect a 980 ti, anyone can give some info as i may just return the board.

im only going to be using one till September then ill have another 980 ti hopefully if there in stock.

Are all the PCI-e slots only 8x? On that class of board I would think (when running two cards) that the first one would be 16x and the other 8x.

That board is single @ x16/dual at x8, all boards on Z97 are like that except for the ones with PLX chips (are there any with PLX chips?).

If you intend to go SLI down the road, then yes, they will both run at x8. Performance hit is generally 1-2% (so, easily made up with the scaling of SLI).

That board is single @ x16/dual at x8, all boards on Z97 are like that except for the ones with PLX chips (are there any with PLX chips?).

If you intend to go SLI down the road, then yes, they will both run at x8. Performance hit is generally 1-2% (so, easily made up with the scaling of SLI).

You nailed it Dlaw :)

There are only 16 lanes on the cpu, so that is correct all (sans ones with plx - there are a couple) will break down to 8/8.

Back