• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 850 Evo 500gb or Samsung 850 Pro 512gb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

So I'm going to start buying new parts for my new Skylake build on Friday. I have an old SanDisk Extreme 240gb I'm going to put into my mom's new laptop and put one of the two listed above into my pc. Should I spend the extra cash for an 850 pro or just get the 850 evo? This is what this site says about performance.
http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-850-Pro-512GB-vs-Samsung-850-Evo-500GB/3478vs3477 According to what I've read the pro will last longer, why, I don't know. I only plan on using it for about a year then I'm going to get a 1tb ssd. What do you guys think? :)

Get the evo.

I only plan on using it for about a year then I'm going to get a 1tb ssd. What do you guys think?
This statement right here would put a flag up in most people's head to get the cheaper drive.

Last edited:
You'll only be short a small amount of space with the evo, when compared to the pro, so get the evo.

There's no reason for you to pay for the price premium of the pro.

Ya, the main advantage of the PRO SSDs is the longer warranty and extended write life. For 95% of users in general, the EVO is the better choice. But especially if you are upgrading or only temporarily using the drive in the first place, you won't even get the opportunity to utilize the advantages of the PRO (which honestly to most people aren't worth the price difference in the first place).

My Pro was a birthday present, otherwise the EVo would have been perfect for my needs.

Back