• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Warranty Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyerker

From what I am reading on this site: http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/

It appears that the 3 or 7 year warranty stands no matter what, and that the Lifetime Warranty requires Registration in 30 Days.

I only ask because I bought 2 motherboards (Z97 FTW) in mid June, registered them after 31 days (dumb, I know), and one of them has a bad RAM Slot. Will I have any issues with the RMA? Anyone have experience with EVGA's Warranties? And are they sticklers about the 30 day thing to the point 31 days is "tough cookies"?

My question is this : what are you gonna do if someone on the board pops up and says they are sticklers? Not even try? :) I really don't know evga rma processes, but most of the time if you explain yourself politely things go okay (and some of the time you can be 100 percent correct and they will still try to deny you) with most any customer service. There is a link in ATMINSIDE's sig that has about the worst story I've ever heard (about Asus though). I would read that to pick up any pointers you may need for how to navigate difficult customer service

Ya, if someone said they were Sticklers I was going to curl up in the corner and cry... :(

They do not say, register within 30 days for lifetime warranty or you do not get a warranty!! A regular warranty of whatever term length, would apply.

If you have a bad slot, RMA immediately.

Yup, submitted the support ticket today, so I can RMA it soon. Thankfully I have the second motherboard to swap in while I wait on the replacement.

Thanks guys for the heads ups.

I didn't realize that the lifetime warranty and standard warranty were separate, based on the registration.

So, I am guaranteed 3 years of coverage, but depending on their level of nitpicky-ness, kind of a 50/50 shot at a lifetime warranty. :thup:

If a lifetime warranty is an option it is listed on the product page you can register to get it.
That board is only a 3 year, no more no less.

Back