• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kaspersky was hacked?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

Hey guys. So I've been using Kaspersky for like 5 years now and love it. But I just found out they were hacked and I'm afraid to continue using their software. What AV/anti-spware/anti-malware/firewall do you guys use? I've been using Avast free since I found out about the Kaspersky hack. Not sure if Avast is a good one or not. Should I go and buy Bit Defender, cause if I buy this new ssd like I want tomorrow I don't know if I'll have enough for Bit Defender.

Kaspersky is still considered to be one of the top AVs time and time again. If you are really looking to switch to something different, I've been paying for a 3-license pack of Eset NOD32 for several years. I pick it up whenever I find it on sale (on dealnews or slickdeals).

I know, I've always liked and trusted Kaspersky. But since the hack, I'm afraid to use their software. Shouldn't I be?

I know, I've always liked and trusted Kaspersky. But since the hack, I'm afraid to use their software. Shouldn't I be?

What about Microsoft? They have had corporate networks compromised before, and you're not asking us whether you should stop using Windows...

Upgrade it???

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=kaspersky, windows 10&es_th=1

29 July is Windows 10’s official launch. Many users of Windows are probably looking to upgrade their operating system to Microsoft’s latest and greatest. If you are one of those users and you use Kaspersky Lab products, what should you do? The best option for Kaspersky Lab users is to download the latest version of their choice of Kaspersky Lab product, which supports new Microsoft OS, before installing Windows 10.

Back