• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a little help with my S340 build here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Transon

Okay so I'm new to the forums and I need some serious help here. I've get a NZXT S340 case to work with and I'm doing hardline tubing (first time).
The case allows me to have a 280mmx30mm front and a 120mmx30mm rear, the top allows me to mound a 140mmx30mm then I cant mount the fan, Is it ideal to have a rad without a fan? Will the rest of the system be able to cool it off?
In the "close" future I'm going get a I7 with the same socket and overclock it aswell as getting two new topseries cards when the new line comes out. Is this enough water to cool everything off?

https://www.performance-pcs.com/wis...87ed043cccfea85b7013af0c717b61a6/mw/MTg2MTk=/

And the route I've mapped is either this: http://puu.sh/jjxpD/7bffa8862a.jpg and make it work out with the pump somehow (If you have any tubing routing advice I'd appriciate it!)
or I've got to change up the order a little and make something out of this route: http://puu.sh/jjxs1/8b038730c9.jpg (sorry for a dusty pc :c)

And as for fittings and hardware in the list there, I'd appriciate advice if something should be changed and such :)

You can run a radiator without fans, sure. However, there is going to be very little airflow due to the high fin density. You'd be much better off putting a very low speed fan on it. Routing isn't usually a huge issue. The only hard and fast rules is to make the route short without tight corners, and having your reservoir feeding the pump while being physically above it.

You can run a radiator without fans, sure. However, there is going to be very little airflow due to the high fin density. You'd be much better off putting a very low speed fan on it. Routing isn't usually a huge issue. The only hard and fast rules is to make the route short without tight corners, and having your reservoir feeding the pump while being physically above it.

Would just running a 120 and a 280 rad on the cpu and two upcomming gpus be enough?

Would just running a 120 and a 280 rad on the cpu and two upcomming gpus be enough?
I'm going to leave questions like that to people that know recent watercooling stuff. I did watercooling for a few years a long time ago, but my information is likely dated.

What's the component list and how far are they overclocked?

What's the component list and how far are they overclocked?
Well, as I mentioned in the text, I'm getting two highend cards when the next line is coming out, and as for the cpu I'm currently only at 4Ghz (4670k) :)

Well, as I mentioned in the text, I'm getting two highend cards when the next line is coming out, and as for the cpu I'm currently only at 4Ghz (4670k) :)

Well, until we know what wattage those cards are, we can't tell you if you can cool them or not.

Radiators are air stoppers. You don't have fans to force the air, it's not good. Unless you got silly fans everywhere else. Got earplugs?

Figure out your total wattage at normal usages (pretend on the new cards) and use the old classic 100 watts per 120x1 rad space. Take into account your normal room temps now at max usage and what the wattage of the new system will be. Every 1C of room temp is 1C of component temp.

I think you will be fine due to the new GPUs keep using less wattage but you never know. All you'll have to do if it's too hot is buy a new case and another rad. It a hobby, costs don't matter.

Radiators are air stoppers. You don't have fans to force the air, it's not good. Unless you got silly fans everywhere else. Got earplugs?

Figure out your total wattage at normal usages (pretend on the new cards) and use the old classic 100 watts per 120x1 rad space. Take into account your normal room temps now at max usage and what the wattage of the new system will be. Every 1C of room temp is 1C of component temp.

I think you will be fine due to the new GPUs keep using less wattage but you never know. All you'll have to do if it's too hot is buy a new case and another rad. It a hobby, costs don't matter.

Well I'm very new on the gpu overclocking field so I we just compare it with the 980ti 6Gb, they run at 600watt per card so 1200watt n'd the overclocked processor. Is this build not that "beneficial" in this case?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, until we know what wattage those cards are, we can't tell you if you can cool them or not.

It's my first time watercooling and I've never gone in depth around the gpu clocking, although as I mentioned above, If I "compare" the now highend and guess they have around the same wattage It's about 600watt per card according to a retailer :)

:welcome: to OCFs first and foremost.

Have you read our intro to water cooling stickies? The reason I ask is because you need to figure out and do the math on how much rad you'll need and how to maintain a water cooling loop. You need to do a bit more research before you nose dive in this hobby. Its a fun but expensive one.

Well I'm very new on the gpu overclocking field so I we just compare it with the 980ti 6Gb, they run at 600watt per card so 1200watt n'd the overclocked processor. Is this build not that "beneficial" in this case?

- - - Updated - - -

It's my first time watercooling and I've never gone in depth around the gpu clocking, although as I mentioned above, If I "compare" the now highend and guess they have around the same wattage It's about 600watt per card according to a retailer :)

It is not 600ws per GPU but 250w. If you're gonna OC them hard, say 300w for each GPU for a total of 600w and 130w for the OC'd CPU. That's 730w you need to account with the radiators. A average 360mm radiator can sufficiently cool 300w @ 2200 RPMs.

In the end, if you want a silent system with great delta temps, I'd advise on scraping the existing case and grabbing a new one to accommodate all the necessities this loop will need.

I also noticed you forgot to add a CPU block to your water cooling list.

Please read up more and have a look at this very easy intro to water cooling video.

:welcome: to OCFs first and foremost.

Have you read our intro to water cooling stickies? The reason I ask is because you need to figure out and do the math on how much rad you'll need and how to maintain a water cooling loop. You need to do a bit more research before you nose dive in this hobby. Its a fun but expensive one.

It is not 600ws per GPU but 250w. If you're gonna OC them hard, say 300w for each GPU for a total of 600w and 130w for the OC'd CPU. That's 730w you need to account with the radiators. A average 360mm radiator can sufficiently cool 300w @ 2200 RPMs.

In the end, if you want a silent system with great delta temps, I'd advise on scraping the existing case and grabbing a new one to accommodate all the necessities this loop will need.

I also noticed you forgot to add a CPU block to your water cooling list.

Please read up more and have a look at this very easy intro to water cooling video.

Yeah, I'll probably need to read up a little more, as for the list. I've been adding and removing items all around :) http://puu.sh/jjXFu/84229481b5.jpg (Inlucding some more items) Is what I'm at but since I'm heading for a new case instead, got any tips for a clean watercooling friendly case? :)

got any tips for a clean watercooling friendly case? :)

Of course!

My first question is, what is your total budget or is it open? What are you willing to spend on a case? Are you willing to spend lots for water cooling gear? Do you want a silent but very cool temp rig? Too many questions and too many variables.

Of course!

My first question is, what is your total budget or is it open? What are you willing to spend on a case? Are you willing to spend lots for water cooling gear? Do you want a silent but very cool temp rig? Too many questions and too many variables.

No budget really, I was limiting myself to 600$ of watersupply but meh, the overall budget is about 2k$ now

How big are looking for a case? Mid, large, cube size?

NZXT, Primo and the X9 from Thermaltake are some great cases out there. Some of the big boys are the Enthoo Primo and Corsair 900D. With those two mammoth cases you wouldn't have issues at all fitting any amount of rads, for example. The X9 and Corsair 540 case are great cube cases.

If you want custom but more premium priced cases, Caselabs and Mountainmods is a one stop shop.

How big are looking for a case? Mid, large, cube size?

NZXT, Primo and the X9 from Thermaltake are some great cases out there. Some of the big boys are the Enthoo Primo and Corsair 900D. With those two mammoth cases you wouldn't have issues at all fitting any amount of rads, for example. The X9 and Corsair 540 case are great cube cases.

If you want custom but more premium priced cases, Caselabs and Mountainmods is a one stop shop.

Well I'm looking at some bigtowers, you've got any experience with the 900D?

Well I'm looking at some bigtowers, you've got any experience with the 900D?

I surely do. Here are a few photo's that I entered a contest from last year in May. I have not posted any updated photo's since upgrading earlier this year but will do eventually.

Back