• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

graphic card / after market cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devilinops

Registered
Hi does anyone know what zotacs policy on changing graphic card blocks to after market cooler / water cooler is, cuz i know evga for any rma says to just put the stock cooler/ parts on and ship them back but i bought a zotac 980 ti haven't opened it yet as this is my first time water cooling a product from them wanted to know if there policy is like evga's cuz if not i think i may return it for an evga model.

I have been waiting 6 days sofar, no answer. bought the card at bestbuy though so i think i got 30 days to return it unopened.

Zotac has been known to have no issues with adding aftermarket cooling, as long as if you return it you put it back on and you don't physically modify the card.

But maybe things are different now:
http://www.zotac.com/ca/support/warranty-manager/register/warranty-disclaimer.html

4. ZOTAC reserves the right to void the warranty
The warranty does not extend to defects that are caused by non-compliance with operating instructions, improper use, inappropriate operating conditions, overload or modifications of the product.

In particular, the warranty will be null and void if

- the product has been modified and/or wilfully damaged in any way; or
- the serial number has been altered, defaced or removed; or
- the GPU cooler fan has been removed or replaced.

could always try calling: T: 1-877-59-ZOTAC

Last edited:
Back