• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win 10 blocking connections I think.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

Everything worked great yesterday but after I upgraded to win 10 now I got a few programs that wont run. I turn off the windows firewall but that didn't help. Any ideas?

Blizzard desktop app runs but disconnects when I try to load games.

Wont connect internet blocked:
Curse Client - post a message saying its getting blocked from connecting.
World of Warcraft
Starcraft
Ati driver detect program

Last edited:
Try turning off defender? Do you see anything in windows event logger?

And the Ati driver detect program will be tagged as a pop-up in your new Edge, if that's what you're using. Do you have pop-ups blocked?

turning off defender didnt help, not sure what i'm looking for in the event viewer.

- - - Updated - - -

And the Ati driver detect program will be tagged as a pop-up in your new Edge, if that's what you're using. Do you have pop-ups blocked?

im not sure, if its on by default then ya i suppose... but are you sure you download it then run it and it says no internet connection.

- - - Updated - - -

someone suggested flushing my dns..... giving that a go be back in a few.

ok its defiantly blocking stuff, cant connect to vent or mumble also..... very frustrating I tried to ip release, renew and flush dms but didnt help.

Can you ping the servers?

I've been on vent since upgrading to 10.

man im so flustered, between cant fixing it and damn interruptions i just want to pull my hair out... ugg

how do i ping servers exactly....
has to e something with my ip anything that need a ip wont connect.

on the command line type ping xx.xxx.xxx.xx (where xx.x.x.x.x.x is the IP).

It is not blocking Origin, Steam, or Teamspeak...for the record.

You can also try run a "tracert" through cmd, works like the ping command but shows the routers it goes through on the way to the destination, great way to see where the fault might be, if it's local or outside.

open cmd, type tracert followed by the IP you want to track.

ok did a fresh install so this problem is fixed but now I got another one... I backup my pc before I did a clean install but forgot to save one thing, family geno research thing... can I somehow get that file folder from the backup I made somehow.. maybe make a virtual drive or something? I'm getting killed by the misses since I forgot it even though I didn't know she was doing it on my pc when I was at work, grrr.

If you have the geno file on a separate hard drive it should be visible. It should also be on your backup if you backed up the drive it was originally on.

Mount your backup in disk management, then you will be able to handpick individual files from it. This of cause only works if the gen file is on the drive you made a back up off.

This is a good in depth guide on how to mount and pick files from it.

Back