• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 Discussion Thread and Information

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This post is for googlers who have a Sennheiser headset in Windows 10 and cannot install the 3D-G4ME1 utility application.
The installer does not work and the utility by itself crashes.

Found this from someone in the beta
http://personal.slacker.cc/2015/06/01/windows-10-and-sennheisers-3d_g4me1/

It does actually work.
Download the windows 8.1 drivers
Delete the setup.exe
Rename the Setup.ex_ to setup.exe (make sure you have extensions enabled)
Restart
WORKS!!

:mad: What a devil of a time taking a sysprep capture image with SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 :mad:

After searching on the web for hours with similar issues of the dreaded 0x80004005 error, watching sysprep with processmon, smsts.log nonsense etc.

I FINALLY found the issue W10 was complaining about, (thx in part to someone on page 2 of this thread). The PANTHER setup logs @ \system32\sysprep\Panther were the key. The file "setupact.log" had the information I was looking for =

setupact.log said:
2015-08-05 09:19:56, ErrorSYSPRP Package Microsoft.VCLibs.120.00_12.0.21005.1_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe was installed for a user, but not provisioned for all users. This package will not function properly in the sysprep image.
2015-08-05 09:19:56, ErrorSYSPRP Failed to remove apps for the current user: 0x80073cf2.
2015-08-05 09:19:56, ErrorSYSPRP Exit code of RemoveAllApps thread was 0x3cf2.

Running this PowerShell command FINALLY allowed me to get past the dreaded 0x80004005 error and capture a reference build image =

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

I sincerely hopes this helps the community from wasting hours lol. :salute:

Last edited:
chawks, in case you didn't see it yet, there's a new CU1 for SCCM 2012R2SP1, may be worth a shot.

That's interesting that the built-in apps were causing your sysprep to fail. Good to know, we haven't updated past CU4 yet, so we still have a bit of time before I can start screwing around with my SCCM images.

Under what conditions does that error happen chawks? I never ran across it luckily!

I was just using capture media for a VM reference machine. Never ran into the problem myself either (not W10 clients tho), but my first mistake was putting too much stock in Google search lol.:p

Now I have my super thin admin reference machine and my GPOs to boot will squish the xtra nonsense and have a temporary sigh of relief, IT1 done. Back to reading lol.:popcorn:

Ok so not sure this is the right place to ask and if not let me know which is and I will ask there,, but I am having issues with my win 7 home premium and the update app. My gaming rig started life as a dell desktop and when the MB went bad a cpl years ago I changed it out for the sabertooth which I still have. Win 7 license was always registered and always had updates on, and even have the upgrade app update in my list of installed updates but it doesn't come up to prompt me for the upgrade. I even tried forcing it using the procedure given by MS but no luck. Is this because of the hardware change? anybody else have this issue? and will I be eligible still? I tried the MS support last night but wait time was over 300 minutes so gave up and thought I'd try to tackle it today.

Last edited:
If it was a Dell system originally, you had an OEM license, which is upgradable if you still had the same hardware. Since you swapped the motherboard out, you wouldn't be able to upgrade. However, there may be ways around it; check the first post for a link to download and try upgrading.

was just going to update this-FIXED!!!!- correct it was the MB but MS through remote went into my registry and enabled the update.

Sort of weird I think because hardware is changed out more nowadays then ever compared to OS but MS must realize that as they were very helpful and understanding of this.

Last edited:
Ran Win 10 last night and had increased responsiveness on the desktop. I played my usual 30 battles in WoT and gameplay improved. FPS was up, PING was faster. Might be coincidence but so far, so good.

This is on a Gigabyte Gaming 7 mobo with i7 4770K and two R9 290x GPUs.

For informational purposes, I attempted a WinTen upgrade on my MSI L1350D netbook (about 10 years old) yesterday & found out that the installed Win7 Starter edition is an enterprise OS and not subject to the free upgrade regardless of what the upgrade chart shows.:-/

I also noticed on my sigrig WinTen that my settings allow security updates but no app updates. It's set to notify me and I've seen these daily. And seen no apps at all.

Last edited:
For informational purposes, I attempted a WinTen upgrade on my MSI L1350D netbook (about 10 years old) yesterday & found out that the installed Win7 Starter edition is an enterprise OS and not subject to the free upgrade regardless of what the upgrade chart shows.:-/

I haven't seen it listed anywhere that Enterprise versions could be upgraded.

They explicitly state Enterprise can't be upgraded.

Those charts are also in the first post.

Yes, I realize what it says. I also realize that when I boot up my netbook it splashes the "Win7 Starter Edition" script and logo. I had to dig around a bit to determine that what my splash screen says and what is installed appear to be, well, not obvious. I posted so others may be less aggravated.

Back