• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking display

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1674-overclock-monitor-higher-refresh-rate
This is what i followed. There is quite a bit of how to overclock display and they all seem to have similar steps.

I followed all the steps but i can't find the extra refresh rates on screen resolution --> advance setting--> monitor. i only see 59 and 60. Even though i set it to 60, it stays at 59.

Actually there is a guy who made How to on same monitor as me. found it on google. I don't know why mine doesn't work..

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedi...s-pb278q-monitor-2560x1440-at-85hz/index.html

So, I'm assuming you altered your drivers? If so, do a clean install of them.
What connection are you using for your monitor?

So, I'm assuming you altered your drivers? If so, do a clean install of them.
What connection are you using for your monitor?

I didnt alter my driver and did do clean install few days ago. Monitor is hooked up with display port cable. Tried HDMI too

As the instruction says, i patched the driver and made a list higher refresh rate on cru program. But increasing even 1 rate gives me out of range message.

Also one of the instruction says to check if in Nvlddmk.sys file is digital signed by NGO after patching. But mine is signed by edgard roberto..
I wonder if you guys also oced your monitor using same method

Last edited:
From the stock driver, go set a custom resolution at 61Hz in the NVCP.
Don't patch the driver or anything along those lines, only change the frequency, but do it in NVCP and not the Windows settings.

From the stock driver, go set a custom resolution at 61Hz in the NVCP.
Don't patch the driver or anything along those lines, only change the frequency, but do it in NVCP and not the Windows settings.

From nvidia CP-->create custom res. -->> change to 61
When i test it, screen blacks out and says out of range.
:shock:

With my ASUS PB Series PB278Q 27", i'm planning to overclocking it. The normal refresh rate is 59 with 2560x1440 resolution. I followed guides but it won't let me oc, not even 1 up. why?
(http://www.overclock.net/products/a...wqhd-widescreen-led-monitor-built-in-speakers)

what is the downside of going too high of a rate? longevity of display?

The refresh rate, if it's like CRT TVs, depends on the frequency your power company is operating at.

That means for example, with one power company, you only get 55 hz, or 63 hz in another region.

It may be designed so that you can't go any higher than your utility frequency. :(

Even though that's arbitrary. :(

The refresh rate, if it's like CRT TVs, depends on the frequency your power company is operating at.

That means for example, with one power company, you only get 55 hz, or 63 hz in another region.

It may be designed so that you can't go any higher than your utility frequency. :(

For CRT's this was, correct(ish). It wasn't a requirement, they, IIRC, used that value to time the refresh of the electron beam, but as time went on, they didn't have to do that.

What does that have to do with today and LCD/LED's (more specifically, the OP), etc?

If that's the case, why can someone run 85Hz on the same model of monitor?

Maybe they did lock out settings. I'm looking at the same monitor that the guy have OCed is slightly different than mine. Looking at the bottom right of the button indications, mine is newer version than his.
I would be so sad if they actually did lock that out..:(

See if there are updates available for your monitor software from Asus.

They don't really have a monitor software. They have something called Asus multiframe but it won't open.
I have been searching around more about ocing this monitor and looks like they locked out the setting for my new version monitor.

Multiframe won't help you with overclocking, it's used to split the monitor into sections.

My only other guess would be to try modding the driver with the info in the TweakTown link again.

Back