• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project idea. Need green LEDs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

I'm like owing to design a product for commecial applications. Does anyone know what the absolute most powerful LED green lights are? Preferably tape LEDs. I'm looking to build a LED light for underwater use that has its own power source internally. All of them currently need a cable to connect to the battery but I'd like to use a larger diameter Tube on the inside to wrap the lights around then within the tub have a lithium ion battery pack to self power. So I need super bright green LEDs but not sure where to start. I'd like to have 6000 lumens worth from a 3 foot tube.

Thanks

Some things you need to know.
Best green strip lights I've found are 380 lumens per foot. So you're looking at roughly 16 feet of strip light packed in a 3 foot tube. Don't think it's possible.
You can get brighter LED's, but you'll have to assemble everything yourself. Check out Cree.com for that stuff.

Back