• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying and Selling a Domain

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noname2020x

A few years ago I acquired a domain name that i believe should be worth a fair bit of money. By "acquired" I mean "purchased" from GoDaddy.com. I have been renewing my "ownership" of the site since its purchase.

Do I have the rights to sell this domain? is it technically under my "ownership" or are there other steps I must take in order to be able to sell it?

How do I go about selling it?

Thanks!

You can absolutely sell the domain name to someone else, I haven't had to do it myself but I believe there are sites dedicated to listing domain names for sale

You can sell or auction it directly through godaddy, or some third party site (namejet, sedo, even ebay). There's actually a lot of money to be made flipping domains if you can snipe some good ones that folks forget to renew, or if you've been sitting on a premium domain for a while.

Back