• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no BIOS boot after attempting to update motherboard...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kahlenberg

Was having problems upgrading windows 8.1 - 10... so I started updating drivers and the like, then I attempted to reinstalled win 10... still was getting "something happen" message. Therefore I my infinite wisdom at 0330 with no sleep for the last 35hrs I decided to update motherboard starting with BIOS it said it was a success, then reset... now all I get is fans turning but no beeps, AM I posts codes 60,67, SA, **, **,19 (*) numbers to fast to read... screen gives Asus welcome screen, but no signal detected, keyboard and mouse do not even light up... I might gotten wrong model update for motherboard manual name reads (EVGA X79 motherboard.) Driver and Utilities Installation Disc reads (EVGA Classified SR-X MOTHERBOARD.)

SPECS

Windows 8.1
Intellcore i7 3*** (forgot numbers )
Geforce GTX 780 ti
16 ram
Corsair CX750M
Motherboard EVGA X79 SLI

Last edited:
Which motherboard do you actually have? Evga has 3+ x79 boards...

If you flashed it with the wrong bios, that is a problem. Depending on the board you may have two bios so you can switch to the other and boot from it, then flash the rirst.

Can you still get to the bios?

At the moment I do not get sounds (beeps), or BIOS in screen... just blank a black screen...

- - - Updated - - -

I will into that... at the moment I am a bit weary of poking at motherboard... is the switch an actual switch or is it simply called switch since time in memorial...

I finally got the information required...
to switch BIOS in this model [EVGA X79 SLI] is not a "switch" but a jumper [BIOS_SEL default left and middle pins] to the top left side of BIOS grey chip casing...
no I am getting [CMOS checksun error, press <F1> to run set up, <F2> to load default value]
Pressing <F1> gives me black screen with blinking under score, ditto on <F2>

I have no idea on idea on how to use BIOS flash with out access to BIOS... I am thinking of simply replacing BIOS chip...
I have already tried resetting CMOS in different manners.
p.s. AMI post code on motherboard is [62 - Installation of the south bridge runtime services] 20150806_213218.jpg

Last edited:
There should be instructions in your manual or at EVGA about using the AMIBIOS flash method. This doesn't require an active bios

If your pc can post, there is no need to replace the bios chip. You now have a perfectly functional bios. Don't let W10 grab your drivers, get them from the manufacturer. Motherboard drivers directly from evga, and your video card drivers directly from nvidia.

Back