• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K53U custom bios/apu overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

I was wondering if anyone has any information on overclocking the APU inside the Asus k53U laptop. It has an e-450 APU in it running at 1.65Ghz. This thing sucks so bad and Id rather go through the risks of flashing a custom bios or overclocking the apu (i know about heat, whatever...). If i cant do either of those, this laptop is basically gonna go sit in a corner and will only be used as an absolute last resort. (This thing can hardly play 720p video at 30fps.)

Let me know if you have any information on this topic.

Good luck with it, but typically there are no overclocking options on laptops.

Bios will do nothing if the onboard hardware is unclockable. If software won't OC it, neither will a modded bios. It's an OEM hardware restriction. You're sol.

AMD Brazos CPU right? You can use BrazosTweaker to undervolt it to save more power but that's it.
I have the X53U model and there is nothing to be unlocked in the BIOS.
No hidden options, nothing.

You can use BrazosTweaker to trick CPU-z into thinking it's running at 4Ghz, but it's not actually. It's only messing some NB multipliers which are basically "read only" if you will. You can't set them.

Here's a link to BrazosTweaker ->https://code.google.com/p/brazostweaker/

Back