• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iphone screen busted i need to recover my data (never set up an icloud account)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slickdealer

Registered
IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0914.JPG what free 3rd party windows programs can i use to recover my stuff? i cant even see anything on the screen

Last edited:
i-Funbox should be able to help you. Next time you grab an iPhone, I advise you to set up iCloud or at least use something like OneDrive to backup important stuff. Personally I back up my iPhone settings/apps with iCloud then my pictures with OneDrive. Of course an occasional iTunes back helps with a lot of grief down the road if anything happens.

buy and install a new screen?
iphone screens are cheap and easy, as far as i know.

I dunno about iphone screens but I have replaced the digitizer on a cheap Chinese tablet
and it wasn't that hard. Now I need to replace a screen on a similar tablet..this time the LCD...There are some youtube videos on replacing the screen on a tablet that are pretty straight forward...it's not that different for the iphone I'm guessing...and the screen shouldn't be all that much...look to one of those auction sites...they also have "buy it now" options as well. Btw, even though your digitizer may be ok (assuming that your LCD is broke), it is advisable to get both the screen and the digitizer because it is very easy to destroy the digitizer while trying to separate it from the main body unless you have the proper tools (also available dirt cheap)
Good Luck

depending what i phone it is some are alot easier than others... iphone 5 / 5c take like 5 minutes to change one out. and a quick google search shows the 6 is just as easy.

ifixit.com sells replacement screens with digitizers in kits with the tools you need for around $70

ifixit.com sells replacement screens with digitizers in kits with the tools you need for around $70

depending what i phone it is some are alot easier than others... iphone 5 / 5c take like 5 minutes to change one out. and a quick google search shows the 6 is just as easy.

I dunno about iphone screens but I have replaced the digitizer on a cheap Chinese tablet
and it wasn't that hard. Now I need to replace a screen on a similar tablet..this time the LCD...There are some youtube videos on replacing the screen on a tablet that are pretty straight forward...it's not that different for the iphone I'm guessing...and the screen shouldn't be all that much...look to one of those auction sites...they also have "buy it now" options as well. Btw, even though your digitizer may be ok (assuming that your LCD is broke), it is advisable to get both the screen and the digitizer because it is very easy to destroy the digitizer while trying to separate it from the main body unless you have the proper tools (also available dirt cheap)
Good Luck

buy and install a new screen?
iphone screens are cheap and easy, as far as i know.
i know but i need my contacts now-business reasons.
i-Funbox should be able to help you. Next time you grab an iPhone, I advise you to set up iCloud or at least use something like OneDrive to backup important stuff. Personally I back up my iPhone settings/apps with iCloud then my pictures with OneDrive. Of course an occasional iTunes back helps with a lot of grief down the road if anything happens.
see below on icloud. will do though.
I've never ran into this situation b4, but can you use a wifi transfer tool to see what is on your phone?
i inherited an old phpne one phone ago for my first smartphone so we have the same itunes account. my iphone is jail broken so i was concerned about icloud and never did it.

Isn't this what iTunes is for???

^^

- - - Updated - - -

i can getit all for about20$

ill try those application(s) for my iphone\pc and report back if i got my contacts and data off my phone

If all else fails, I am sure an Apple store would be able to extract the contact info.

That's what I was thinking too. Surely they'll charge a fee, but they have the capability to do pretty much whatever you need.

Actually, apple would not recover the data. You would need to have them fix the screen first. Then you might be able to get the data back, but there is no guarantee you can even get the data back since they usually restore phones after they're repaired. (I work for apple)

You may want to look into doing a screen repair yourself or take it to a local repair shop

Back