• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toshiba L300 - Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 Overclocking ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DenioZ

Hi everyone!
For a few days I am sweating over overclockingem of my Core 2 Duo T7500 Intel.
I tried with available programs on the market (Cpucool, ClockGen and SetFBS 2)
I thought above pinmodem for establishing on Socket P.
Laptop - Toshiba L300-17m With :
Motherboard is 1310a2170224
GPU - Intel GMA965 / x3100 (Mod Driver by Me)
Ram - 3GB DDR2 (M4 70T2953EZ3-CE6 1GB DIMM DDR2 PC2-5300U DDR2-666 i M4 70T5663QZ3-CE6 2GB DIMM DDR2 PC2-5300U DDR2-666)
Disc - Hitachi HTS543225L9A300 (250GB, SATA300, 2.5", 5400rpm, 7MB Cache
Does somebody have ideas?

It's a laptop. It's nkt made for overclocking and can barely take it's heat at stock speeds. Don't do it. :)

You're just going to kill it by overclocking, if it can even be done

A pin mod won't work because you are already at the board's maximum FSB.

A CPU with a 100 MHz FSB can be modded up to 133 MHz (for example), but you are at 200 MHz. The next native FSB, if it was supported on that board, would be 266 MHz. There is no way you could get a jump like that in a notebook.

found my old posts from back in the day
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-775-pin-mod?p=5804035&viewfull=1#post5804035
if you look the settings match up from desktop to mobile, there is one setting not defined in desktop. i didnt have any spare parts to test to find out what it was for fsb so it would be guessing at this point.

though i recall other posts about pin modding their mobile cpus with socket P. seem they would be forced to the lowest multi when pin modding is down so your cpu speed would drop and you couldnt change it back to the max setting. pin modding this one wouldnt work you would want to find a socket M to do that too. using something like a T7200 cpu to pin mod would be the way to go. i thought about doing a pin mod to my Asus N4M-DH with a T7200, the board has oc settings. though something is going wonky when i used them along time go.

what you might want to look for if it isnt to costly, the unlocked mobile cpus. last i looked the T7600G for the socket M was still over $100..

You can probably overclock it ( depends from motherboard, I could OC some of chips from this family ) but general performance will be almost the same so I see no point to waste time on that. If you need higher performance then better sell it and get something newer.

Back