• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer synapse and audio device switching issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All looks good.

If it's only 2 games and other games are not doing the noise i wouldn't worry, i rarely run with headset but i'm pretty sure i have it also in some games as far as i remember. As said earlier, it's not necessarily a driver or windows fault.

But I will always advice to perform a clean install after an upgrade (even if you had just clean installed win8, so had i) unless people are facebook users with the daily mail checking, you know, basic users. But for people like us a clean install does wonders. Your system will fresh and clean, with no bad registry or what ever you might have or might have been "corrupted" when doing the upgrade.

If you already made the win10 USB it wont take long to install, if not it won't take long to create it using this

Ok couple questions since I've not done a clean install on a system thats not a fresh build in some time. I have my os on a ssd and my media/games along with steam, origin, battlenet, ect on a separate drive. Will I lose all that in a fresh install? Should I disconnect the drive with that stuff prior to clean install? Also should I reset bios prior to install or is keeping my oc while installing ok? Oc is very stable I've ran it since I built system pretty much.

Ok couple questions since I've not done a clean install on a system thats not a fresh build in some time. I have my os on a ssd and my media/games along with steam, origin, battlenet, ect on a separate drive. Will I lose all that in a fresh install? Should I disconnect the drive with that stuff prior to clean install? Also should I reset bios prior to install or is keeping my oc while installing ok? Oc is very stable I've ran it since I built system pretty much.

You can safely do a clean install on your OS drive without disabling the other (just make sure not to format the other drive while creating partitions for the new install), and you can also install with an O.C (Some people experience problems if they have a heavy O.C and some don't.) I never reset my O.C when fresh installing. But if you want to be on the safe side, just unplug your sata connector before installing. Never had need for that my self only when creating raid volumes.

Your installed programs on the other drive might not function properly do to missing registry entries in the new install.

Ok cool I'll probably do that one day then. Just might kinda suck having to reinstall all the games ect since downloading them can take some time.

Ok cool I'll probably do that one day then. Just might kinda suck having to reinstall all the games ect since downloading them can take some time.

If most of your games are on steam, you can just make a backup of them in steam then you can install them again in no time.

Backup in steam? How do you do that? Do they have a cloud service or something now?

No, you just right click a game in your steam library and chose "Backup game files", then select a location to save it, can be on your drive you are not formatting ofc

Then to restore it, you click "steam" in the top left corner of the app and chose "Backup and restore game"

Last edited:
Ok I'll try it one day. Games are already installed on a separate drive than the os but I also have a 3rd drive that is completely empty.

Update: did my clean install was relatively painless lol. Most games I just reinstalled steam in HD w games and they synced right up.

Was late when I finished so I havnt really had a chance to check that yet. But figure if its still there its likely normal for the couple games it occurs on for whatever reason. Like I said it only right as the game is launching you here this pop/static whine then it's very clear.

Was late when I finished so I havnt really had a chance to check that yet. But figure if its still there its likely normal for the couple games it occurs on for whatever reason. Like I said it only right as the game is launching you here this pop/static whine then it's very clear.

An another note, i see in your sig that you have 2 side intakes, why? That most likely disrupts the airflow. I have a case like it, and have mounted four intakes in the front 2 on the outside of the bay holder and 2 inside the case on the bay holder.

It was recommend to me by someone to set the 2 fans on the side panel to intake that way they would blow cool air over my gpu, processor/mobo. I have 2 intake in front, 2 on the side. Then I have my water cooler rad/fans on top as a pull exhaust, and rear fan as exhaust also. I also removed the top most HD cage as I only currently need 3 bays.

It was recommend to me by someone to set the 2 fans on the side panel to intake that way they would blow cool air over my gpu, processor/mobo. I have 2 intake in front, 2 on the side. Then I have my water cooler rad/fans on top as a pull exhaust, and rear fan as exhaust also. I also removed the top most HD cage as I only currently need 3 bays.

Okay, well you wont get a clean flow through the case with those 2 on sides it is always recommended to have intakes in front (not side), exhaust in top and rear.

This is my setup: Blue = Intake. Red = Exhaust
Untitled.png

So what would you recommend for the side? I've seen some people with this case get the replacement side with no fan mounts.

Back