• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some advice please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djc1988

Registered
Hello iv had an issue with my system for some time now

What happens is during gaming or video watching the monitor goes off (and the sound) and PC reboots with a BSOD in the error log

Here's what iv done so far to Elininate the problem

Replaced the GTX 580's
Replaced the PSU
Replaced the Graphics Cards PCI power cables
Reinstalled windows and updated all drivers
Reset all overclocks to factory clock speeds

So far the same thing happens so it's either the Motherboard, CPU or RAM

It doesn't seem like a CPU issue as I'm quite familiar with CPU problems. I'm thinking its the Motherboard PCI-e slots are not getting enough power or something

my system specs are in my Sig

Let me know what you think ?

Hello,Look in Event Viewer, It should tell you what error is occurring and at what time. This would be a place I would start to troubleshoot.

Hello thanks for reply but it only really mentions BSOD which I mentioned above

I could check the code but I presume it will just be related to the GPU which I already know but the problem is not the GPU's as iv replaced them already and problem persists

- - - Updated - - -

Ill go fire it up just now and get you the code

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800D6624E0
BCP2: FFFFF880050F9B78
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\080315-11325-01.dmp
C:\Users\DJ\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-13135-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

What GPU driver version?
Have you done a clean install?

Iv tried lots of different drivers, same thing happens.
I don't know if I should pick a motherboard because my gut feeling is that's the issue with after replacing the cards and PSU and still having the problem

Iv tried lots of different drivers, same thing happens.
I don't know if I should pick a motherboard because my gut feeling is that's the issue with after replacing the cards and PSU and still having the problem

Did you do a clean install of the drivers though?

Could also be a temperature issue, or a power issue.
You didn't list a PSU. What is it?
Temps also.

Yes I always do a custom clean install

- - - Updated - - -

Could also be a temperature issue, or a power issue.
You didn't list a PSU. What is it?
Temps also.

It's not a temperature issue, GPU and CPU is watercooled and it happens within seconds/minutes of Gaming

PSU is Corsair AX 1200i, just replaced it as thought the last one was faulty. Problem persists after replacement

It's not a temperature issue, GPU and CPU is watercooled and it happens within seconds/minutes of Gaming
Doesn't mean crap if your loop ain't workin right. Humor me. I'd ask for temps under load but it would seem you can't load it up.
Can you run P95 without crashing?

Doesn't mean crap if your loop ain't workin right. Humor me. I'd ask for temps under load but it would seem you can't load it up.
Can you run P95 without crashing?

My loop is working right, checked everything
my gpu and CPU are under 35c idle and the monitor and GPU cuts off before CPU or GPU even make it to 40c

Yeah Prime 95 Doesn't crash mate, even on blend weirdly :S

Last edited:
Just curious as to your memory setup. It says 16Gb but aren't those boards tri channel?

My loop is working right, checked everything
my gpu and CPU are under 35c idle and the monitor and GPU cuts off before CPU or GPU even make it to 40c

Yeah Prime 95 Doesn't crash mate, even on blend weirdly :S

Will Unigine Heaven run?

No it's specifically Unigine that iv been running to test it and which seems to consistently show the issue

- - - Updated - - -

Ah I'm sure someone said that before yeah, I should really have only 3 sticks but it's honestly always worked ok for me and never caused me an issue prior to this problem. When I get this problem fixed do you reckon I should go 3 sticks?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anyway this could be a motherboard issue mate?

If Unigine is crashing and P95 isn't, I'd point toward a GPU or the GPU's.
Motherboard BIOS up to date?
Can you post screenshots of GPUz for each GPU?

Back