• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installed games on a separate hard drive then fresh install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bion1985

Registered
So I'm considering doing a fresh install of windows 10 and was wondering I have steam origin battlenet ect along with all games installed on a 1tb Seagate drive and the os on my Samsung Evo ssd. If I fresh install my os on the ssd will my games need to be reinstalled or since they are on separate drive they will still work?

They will need to reinstall...well verify it's install and write anythings that may nkt be there.you just point origin/steam to that path and ay the game. It should 'reinstall' in a minute or so.

Ok so I won't have to sit through gigs and gigs of downloaded games to reinstall just probably have to redirect them? Also if I fresh install can I keep the other 2 hard drives connected to the PC while installing or do I have to disconnect them so they don't get wipped?

Ok so I won't have to sit through gigs and gigs of downloaded games to reinstall just probably have to redirect them? Also if I fresh install can I keep the other 2 hard drives connected to the PC while installing or do I have to disconnect them so they don't get wipped?

You won't have to sit through the downloads again, but you will need to disconnect the non-boot drives before you install Windows. Windows will install the MBR and other stuff on the non-boot drives if you don't.

You won't have to sit through the downloads again, but you will need to disconnect the non-boot drives before you install Windows. Windows will install the MBR and other stuff on the non-boot drives if you don't.

Definitely this.

And yep, most games and services (origin I wasn't sure, but Steam and Battle.net I'm almost positive for all of their games) works just fine if you just try to run it and point to the correct location for it to verify integrity.

i havent had any issues with using the upgrade feature, keep everything the way it is just puts it all on win10 works pretty good. no compatibility issues or anything so far

So I went ahead and did a fresh install, so far all my games and everything that were on the other drive seem to launch and work. One thing I did notice is I can't seem to find them when I search for add remove programs. How would I go about uninstalling a game that I have if I can't find them in the add remove programs?

Uninstall through Steam. Go to your library, right click on the game you want to uninstall, and click delete local content.

Back