• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 10 clean install not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SouleD

Registered
Greetings, I upgraded from w8 to 10 and had a lot of driver issues,so I tried to perform a clean install from the built in reset option.

It worked until after one reboot which had 1 long and 3short beeping sounds. I was stuck at a black screen so I manually rebooted and then I no longer had an os on my drive.

I had to reinstall w8 then upgrade to w10 once again which, while installing reproduced the same beeping sounds but this time it managed to restore w8 and gave me an error report; 0xc190010 - 0x30018 install failed during phase first_boot with an error during SYSPREP operator.

Now some help would be really awesome!

Last edited:
Sounds like a hardware issue Rather than a software one.

If you have an overclock go to stock and try again. I always installed OS at stock when I overclocked, I knew it was stable but...

The beep code 1 long and 3 short beeping sounds is typically a ram fault; RAM can fail and makes a real mess when it does.

If RAM has failed in middle of the install ( a unhappy coincidence) it would account for data corruption.

Some RAM needs a XMP and/or volt boost to work at it's stated speed. Verify the settings you have configured if it can reach BIOS/UEFI.

EDIT: Please post your system board as there are different Beep codes depending on AMI/Phenix/Award bios types. RAM makes sense but it could be GPU!

Last edited:
Greetings, I upgraded from w8 to 10 and had a lot of driver issues,so I tried to perform a clean install from the built in reset option.

It worked until after one reboot which had 1 long and 3short beeping sounds. I was stuck at a black screen so I manually rebooted and then I no longer had an os on my drive.

I had to reinstall w8 then upgrade to w10 once again which, while installing reproduced the same beeping sounds but this time it managed to restore w8 and gave me an error report; 0xc190010 - 0x30018 install failed during phase first_boot with an error during SYSPREP operator.

Now some help would be really awesome!

If you have an overclock on your system, reset your bios to default settings. You may have to download the iso from MS using the media creation tool, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install and burn the iso to a usb drive. You will need to backup any files that you want before the install. Then, boot from the usb drive to do your installation. If you have more than one hard drive, disconnect all, but the one that your os is installed on.

If he is still at a black screen, I would agree. But I think he is not???

I was stuck at a black screen so I manually rebooted and then I no longer had an os on my drive.

Absolutely worth clarifying and checking regardless. :)

Reseat the video card.

Please, explain how this will help. He isn't getting the black screen any more.

I agree with aftermath, we need to know what hardware we're working with.
SouleD, can you list your full system like seen in my sig?

So my posts keep getting deleted..?

Its a z97-a from Asus.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems editing deletes the posts... Here's what I had posted

I had posted a long and in dept reply but it got deleted...? And I'm on mobile... Summary

Asus mobo i7 4790k

I'd think it was hardware related too but it only happens with w10 after the 2nd reboot at around 30% completion. I tried a third time, no unusual beeps just a black screen.

And your reply is gone also?

Have you tried a motherboard BIOS update?
Are you overclocked?
Tried clearing the CMOS?

I will try all that, but I'd be surprised as it only happens with precise conditions

I managed to get through the installation after disabling the of and clearing the cmos. Not sure if it was luck or if it really was the prpblem. However thanks for your help! :D

That's fairly typical of doing OS installs, a lot of times it'll find a quirk with a motherboard setting or OC setting.
Glad you got it working! :)

Back