• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

missing some gb from memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDMStanced

Hi,
I have a question about missing gb from my memory cards. (look at my sig for specs.)
The available RAM shows 14000mb when my memory sticks are 16 gb.

These are the memory settings i have tried and still missing gb.
1866 at 9 9 9 24/27 at 1.5 V. This shows about 13900-14100 MB
2000 at 9 9 9 24/27 at 1.5-1.6V. This shows about 14500 MB.
2133 at 11 11 11 24/27 at 1.55-1.6V. This shows about 14200 MB.
I can't get the available ram size to be around 16 GB.
Also tried relocating the memory sticks to different slots.

It seems that my NVIDIA GTX 970 might be using some memories instead of all the memories used by Memory sticks.
If this is the case, then how do i set it so that my memory sticks are using all 16 gb?

If not, then how do i fix this...:confused:

I'll bite... what application is showing 14GB available? Can you post a screenshot please?

Adjusting timings and speed should not have an effect on capacity...slots shouldn't either, particularly when all 4 are used anyway.

I also think that some are dedicated to gpu.. so how to not have it do that??

Aida and IBT were used to check the available ram.

I will take a screenshot later tonight.

Could you tell me how to disable because i cant find which one disables.. too many letters that i dont understand..lol

Somewhere it should mention something about your integrated GPU..iGPU, something along those lines.

EDIT: I googled pics of your BIOS...
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7964/gigabyte-z97x-ud5h-review/2

Get to the old bios and find this: http://images.anandtech.com/doci/7964/GB UD5H BIOS 26 - BIOS Features 2.png

Then disable it (Intel Processor Graphics). While you are in there, let us know what the memory allocation was set to.

Thanks for the pics. Pics always help.
Disabled IPG but available ram is still the same. around 14200 MB.
The memory allocation was previously set to 64M, max
I wonder what else could be causing this problem..

You're available RAM is going to change depending on what you have open, and what's utilizing it. As an example, this is a picture of IBT while my computer is idle, with only this forum page open:
IBTAverageUse.jpg

Here is a picture of the same instance (ie: I didn't close IBT), with CS:GO running, the Steam app up, Skype open, a couple of Explorer windows and 7 tabs open in my browser:
IBTLoad.jpg

It's not available because it's in use. That number will never reach the 16GB you have installed, because the System and your programs all use it.

i guess you are right because looking at ram availability, it says 13982 mb.
Then i look at the % of memory used on task manager. says it's using 14% memory.
14% of 16000 is close to 13982mb.

I figured as much, lol... this is why out of the flat I asked which applications you are seeing it from... task manager would have told us the answer...

Oy.

Back