• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anybody used this MEG backplate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oldiron

So looking for any info on these I can find. Has anyone ordered one? They seem to be of decent quality looking for any feedback I can get.
I'm redoing my case and adding AIO''s to my GPU's and also a cpl other mods, would like to find a decent backplate that's both aesthetic and semi functional so definitely looking for an alum backplate.
http://shop2.megmall.cafe24.com/pro...ck-plate-White/29/?cate_no=24&display_group=1

sorry if anyone has already asked this I'm a noob here and didnt see anything in my searches

A backplate is only functional if it is touching something that needs cooled and has a thermal pad between it and the back plate.

On another nkte, never used one of those, sorry.

Thanks Earth, I know how heat transfer works, I planned on using thermal pads between the card and plate much like the alpha cool backplate does. just looking for something with better aesthetics. What I meant by semi functional is that although primarily for looks does serve some purpose by adding passive cooling. Just not a lot offered for my cards and me taking it to my machinist is going to be way more than the 40 bucks apiece they are.
2 kids in college here so my toys come last.

Back