• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB ASIC's / low power GPU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Looking to mine something again since very shortly, I'll have 3 computers running full time.
My server, my FX rig and my 3570K.

Hence, my thought about USB ASIC's. probably the scrypt ones unless I can find a bunch of SHA ASIC's for cheap.
Maybe even some low power GPU's like my GT420 or even my Rpi that I still haven't used.

Obviously this won't be paying for my power usage but hey, might as well make something over time.

Thoughts on this idea?
Or better off just to leave mining on a good note like I did over a year ago?

If you aren't even going to make back the electric costs just buy the coin that interests you

If you aren't even going to make back the electric costs just buy the coin that interests you
That's just it.

I have no BTC left.
My last bit was donated to wolf0 for all the work he put in to his code.

Last I checked CaVirtex was taken over by another company, so I'm skeptical about my account over there in terms of depositing money.
I'm also still battling spam emails about BTC. Somehow someone got my email address and yeah so I'd rather not hook my paypal up to anything for buy BTC.

Is it even possible to make a ROI on a usb asic these days? The price has gone down fairly substantially, but obviously so has the difficulty.

Not that I'm aware of. I actually am unsure if it's possible to ROI at all with any hardware w/o free electricity.

Not that I'm aware of. I actually am unsure if it's possible to ROI at all with any hardware w/o free electricity.
:thup:

At this point, Id buy it with cash if you want to play with it...

... or just ask our resident swami that chimes in with forecasts every once in a while.

Ivan has provided me with links to get into trading long ago, that's clearly the best route but I'm more into mining it rather than trading it.
Of course I will need to brush up on those links to tell when to hold for sell the coins.

This was more or less a test the waters question to see if anyone would call me crazy or to see if someone actually thinks it's not a bad idea :)

Back