• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 10 email

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Installed Win 10. I cannot get the email notification to use a wav. file I always use in Win 7 and 8.1?? I got the empty recycle bin wav. to work.

No it is not. I just stated I got the empty recycle bin wav to work. Still cannot get email notification to use any other file except Default.

I know what you wrote... that is why I asked if it was done (because what you posted alludes to that. ;)).

So you can change the .wav for the empty recycle bin, but changes won't take to the email notification? Is that an option in the sounds menu? I have never looked there since i had W10. can you post a screenshot of that window please?

I have to ask, is this Windows Mail, or Outlook? Either way, you will want to look for something in "options" about the notification. Not necessarily your audio profile in the Control Panel.

I have to ask, is this Windows Mail, or Outlook? Either way, you will want to look for something in "options" about the notification. Not necessarily your audio profile in the Control Panel.
Ohhh, good catch. +1. :)

This is outlook. Email notification setup in Win10 is the same as 7. I also checked in the Win 10 notifications page and tried to disable popup notifications. In control panel I can choose wav. file, can test and it works. But when email arrives it is still default sound.

Open up Outlook, File-> Options-> Mail->Message Arrival. You should see an optin that says Play A sound. Make sure that box is checked.

I have had users here at work with that issue. Granted, not many, but if you have both options checked, and it doesn't work, we haven't been able to find a fix. This however was with W7 and Office 2013.

I have had users here at work with that issue. Granted, not many, but if you have both options checked, and it doesn't work, we haven't been able to find a fix. This however was with W7 and Office 2013.

I had it working in Win 7 and using Office 2013

Back