• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Intel Skylake i7 6700K CPU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My guess? Intel most likely shipped a higher volume to the correct regions, but due to unknown market demand, shortly ran out. Its all speculations that I don't like to deal with.

The largest market for computer parts sold separately is Europe and some Asian countries. US or in general North America is mainly market for branded computers ( more and more laptops each year ). I mean many more people are buying branded PCs for home or office usage and gaming consoles to play games comparing to Europe. In Asia, consoles are the most popular but branded computers less.
I also haven't seen any of Skylake series at OEM PC manufacturers except some news about UK companies but these are more like online stores which have small PC production.

They were again in-stock @ Newegg this morning via combos. Some people are returning the motherboard portion of the combo for a refund.

They are available if you are seriously interested. Lasted a bit over an hour today.

They were again in-stock @ Newegg this morning via combos. Some people are returning the motherboard portion of the combo for a refund.

They are available if you are seriously interested. Lasted a bit over an hour today.

Yeah, I got all the way to Paypal login with the Mobo and CPU I wanted but they snatched the CPU away before I could confirm the order.

Edit TO Say SNAGGED IT.. Z170 DELUXE / 6700K 10.00 off but 1.99 for shipping lol.

Last edited:
so now that people have had some time to mess around with skylake, what's the general consensus on gaming performance when they have good ram? is it better than ivy/haswell at least a little when it has whatever bandwidth it needs to really take off or is it a wash?

Think I am gonna pull the plug on an i5 6600k and some Team Dark 2666 that I found at a great price locally

Back