• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9 290 Crossfire Artifacts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Waza

So I finally found myself used 290 with water block and managed to sort out some windows 10 issues with AMD drivers.
I have Asus DC2OC and installed a Sapphire reference card I bought earlier today.
First tests with 3d mark and Valley benchmarks went fine and even managed to match the card speeds.
While testing games however some games have weird artifacts covering the whole screen while others have none.
2015-08-05_00001.jpg

Does not matter if I run both cards stock or overclocked and the problem disappears if I switch to full screen windowed mode which disables crossfire.

Does anyone have any idea what this is and how to fix it?

Clearly your PC's being attacked by Space Invaders

:sn: what power supply and how old is it?

I should try just one GPU.
Drivers not really, there are not too many options for windows 10 and it took me one hour to uninstall and re install amd drivers yesterday. Somekind of W10 or Catalyst bug.
PSU is less than a year old Super Flower 1200W Platinum unit.

E: Both cards are fine independently. It must be either issue with windows 10 or drivers.

Last edited:
Side note, the 15.7(?) W10 drivers work fine for me in W10 (295x2).

Do you have CS GO to test with? Many games work just fine but so far CS GO and GPU-Z render test display errors.
I could be that this is a problem with OpenGL.

E: Trine has this problem too. Next I'm going to try RAGE

Last edited:
I do not have CS:GO, sorry. I have used the GPUz render test though and it works fine. If you think it is open GL, try the Cinebench Open GL test and see if it does it there too.

I do not have CS:GO, sorry. I have used the GPUz render test though and it works fine. If you think it is open GL, try the Cinebench Open GL test and see if it does it there too.

Cinebench OpenGL runs windowed so it runs only on one card.

E: Furmark runs fine.

This issue is strange. I'll run couple more OpenGL games and DX games and see if something comes up.

F11 to fullscreen?

I can get multi-GPU results in the OGL test in Cinebench I believe...?

I remember woomack saying he had a similar issue

"With 15.6 I also had random black screens or artifacts in some tests/games on 290X. Weird was that it wasn't all the time and sometimes OS restart was fixing it"

If he sees this maybe he can throw in. I have had no issues with the latest set of amd drivers and win 10 so far but I run 280x's.

Little bit of update.
I managed to fix the problem by re-flashing both cards with the latest bioses. To me it makes no sense at all but it worked so I am not going to complain :D

same problem i have :(

Little bit of update.
I managed to fix the problem by re-flashing both cards with the latest bioses. To me it makes no sense at all but it worked so I am not going to complain :D

hello. i have experienced the exactly same problem after installing windows 10. (space invaders on screen) there was not any problem on windows 7. i contacted with microsot, they asked me to talk with amd. i contacted amd they told me i should sent my card to asus service. i re-flashed my gpu's bios via atiflash on windows 10 (64 bit). but nothing has changed. did u flash your gpu on windows or on boot menu ? btw i sent my card to ASUS service and they have checked for 10 days and havent found anything strange.

windows 10 (64 bit)
asus R9-290

hello. i have experienced the exactly same problem after installing windows 10. (space invaders on screen) there was not any problem on windows 7. i contacted with microsot, they asked me to talk with amd. i contacted amd they told me i should sent my card to asus service. i re-flashed my gpu's bios via atiflash on windows 10 (64 bit). but nothing has changed. did u flash your gpu on windows or on boot menu ? btw i sent my card to ASUS service and they have checked for 10 days and havent found anything strange.

windows 10 (64 bit)
asus R9-290

I could not find any program to flash on windows 10 with, so I flashed it trough bootable flash stick. I dont trust CMD tools for that.
Anyway I still have this problem, if I use the wrong bios for my sapphire card. Try flicking the bios switch.

Is this problem with only one 290?

i will do asap whenever the service send back my graphics card. they called me yesterday and service guy said that they have playing game for 3 days and having no problems. and i asked for reflash the unit. hope they will do :)
i dont really know any other problems with windows 10. (ıt was OK with windows 7) because i cant install any game with that artifacted graphics.
btw as i searched on forums and google image search you are just the one who have the same problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 924
  • Untitled 3.jpg
    Untitled 3.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 870
Back