• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 output workstation GPU suggestions/advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sporktar

My brother-in-law came to me for help outfitting his dell optiplex 9010 workstations with a 3 monitor setup. He is currently using a usb to vga adapter, and the motherboard vga output to run two monitors, but he's complaining about the resolution on one (most likely because he's using a USB adapter). I'm more familiar with enthusiast/gaming graphics, so i don't really know what kind of affordable options to look into for him. He is doing accounting work, so low to mid power at a decently low price would be ideal, especially since he is planning to outfit 3 different workstations with these cards. he's powering 3 dell p2213's at 1680x1050.

Any help on finding a suitable card would be most appreciated!

Yes, that was a concern of mine. Originally i was looking at the GeForce 8400 GS since that's what the dual monitor systems use at my work, and they have low profile mount hardware included, but that won't be necessary as he is using the full size variant, so he can use full size cards. I'm not sure if the 8400 is capable of 3 outputs though.

Back