• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was building up my pc in the new case, and realized something rather....simple

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

So, I was building up my pc in my new Corsair Air 540 case, and realized something rather....intriguing.

With the new setup of cases these days with large backplate cutouts, and several threaded access ports, I realized something that us enthusiasts would love.

Access points in the rear of the board!

Let me explain;

Sata ports initially started facing up as a standard, with a new trend with them angled and on the edge of the board.

Why not go 180 and face the rear, allowing some great wire management options, able to entirely hide the cable, AND not have to remove your colossal video cards to add to your sata ports?

And the JFP1 and JFP2 slots, Why can't they be accessed from the rear of the board? Its a royal pain in the *** sometimes to get those connector on those pins when you have large hands, so why not put them much closer by access from a rear side cutout?

Sure, Cases would have to be altered as well, but for a builder, its a huge QoL improvement in my opinion.

Thoughts?

Hopefully someone that designs cases for a known brand will see this and implement it, I love this idea!

my high end boards have a clear cmos button on the back IO.
what gets me is the back IO with a windowed case, you try to make it look just so inside, but if you turn the case to the side to show it off you have all the ugly cables out the back, I wish they could turn the I/O and expansion slot where you could see in the window and have all the cables come out the other side of the case and out of sight.

Back