• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win10 Pro 64 bit, CCC 15.7.1 and HD 7990 issue.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I just installed Both Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on my main gaming/folding rig. About a day later my new HD 7990 came in. I installed the newest Cat. 15.7.1 for win 10. My ppd on this machine dropped to ~ 80k. This is a huge loss. I had a R9 280x and an HD 7970 that were getting close to 300k. The 7990 should be getting close to that.

I don't think that the problem is Win 10 Pro 64 bit because I have a dedicated machine with 3x 280x. I don't think the ppd on that machine has gone down. With that said, I need to double check that ascertation. This other machine has CCC 13.9 I think.

My next test will be to remove the 15.7 drivers and go back to 13.x and see what happens.

The final piece of the puzzle is that this new (to me) 7990 will not play my 3D game. Total War: Shogun 2. With this as a symptom, I fear that my card may be defective. I'll know better after I play with the drivers.

I will post more as I test to give you all a heads up. If you have any experience with this, please let me know.

Don.

Here's what I have to offer at this time:

15.7.1 are $h!*. Locks up with any attempt at 3D gaming and ppd is nothing.
14.9 aren't any better for FAH but I can at least game with a few hang ups here and there. Still $h!*.
14.4 bumped my production up by about 40k. I haven't tried gaming on these drivers yet but I will.

Top machine in my sig for better reference.

I am having a real heck of a time getting legacy drivers from AMD. Anyone have the link? I'd really like to try 13.9 if I can find them.

Yep, stay away from the "Omega" drivers - they all seem to suck.
Guru3d will have 13.9 if not I have 12.8 and 13.12 saved to my HDD.

I could probably upload them to google drive if need be.

Guru3d links to AMD and they in turn link to 15.x. I tried going back to 15.7 hoping that a recent update might have been introduced but no love. I think that the holy grail of cat drivers is 13.9. I'm going to look through my little network here and see if I have them but the best I've found so far is 14.4.

I have the 15.7 executable of you need me to send it to you somehow

@don256us,

This thread looks to be a year old but if you are still looking for CCC 13.9 I still have a copy of it in my downloads file.

I'm still running the Radeon 4850 HD and after I hesitantly updated to Windows 10 I find out AMD only has a generic driver for my GPU and they will not be developing any apps for my card past Win 8. Tried to send you a PM via this forum but can't for the life of me find a way to do it.

@Don256us,

This thread looks to be a year old but if you are still looking for CCC 13.9 I still have a copy of it in my downloads file.

I'm still running the Radeon 4850 HD and after I hesitantly updated to Windows 10 I find out AMD only has a generic driver for my GPU and they will not be developing any apps for my card past Win 8. Tried to send you a PM via this forum but can't for the life of me find a way to do it.
(Click on Don256us's username, then click "Private Message") :welcome: to OCF btw!

Curious don, did you ever find the best drivers? Now that I have the AMD folding server going, any increase in PPD is welcomed!!

@Don256us,

Hey. Thank you very much. I don't need it at this time but I do really appreciate the offer.

Back