• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The NEW Guy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matt J.

Registered
Looking for tips , Opinions , Wise Pc-H2o God's .

Currently running Corsair obsidian 800.D , i7-3960x , 16gb ddr3, Single- Titan X-SprClkd 12gb. , H100i on Cpu
Getting kinda hot , seems this 800d stinks for Airflow .

I might want to add a another titan someday who knows.

So i could use some Opinions i want To find the Ideal case , was considering Caselabs ,
i want to build my first loop I've Watched a lot
of Videos think i can do it . was considering dual 560mm rads and 1 or 2 D5 pumps
i want to run fairly low Rpm hi Static pressure fans
looking for Extremely low temp or as good as i can so it never has a chance to get hot.

Wanting to Cool Both Cpu & Gpu , get rid of the H100i.
single loop for each or both on 1

I play Fps and some Sim Racing apps

Will spend $500-900 for case and all h2o supplies and so on.

So give me your Best opinions and Thoughts.

Much Appreciated Matt.

Last edited:
do you want to watercool the cpu & gpu?
i havent owned one, but the 800d seems like it would be a really good case for watercooling, i'd stick with that case, and just stick a bunch of rads in it, with good fans, and build a custom loop.

:welcome: to OCFs!

First I will say is have a read at our water cooling stickies for all the small questions you might have as to what liquids you want to use and stay away from, what size tubing/fittings and on how to maintain a loop in keeping it pristine. Once you've done all that as I'm sure the videos do really help as I recall when I first started years ago, should cover all the basics for you.

As for cases, I own a 800D and will admit it wasn't the best designed water cooling case back than, let alone in air cooling either. You could get away with a CPU + a GPU on a 120.3 radiator without doing modifications but being such a premium priced case I felt its not worth chopping something like that.

I eventually moved over to a 900D and haven't looked back since than. More than enough room for lots of rads. I have filled her up with about 120.9 of heat surface which is complete and utter overkill for my setup (Single CPU & GPU) but said the hell with it and ran my fans low, pumps at a decent speed being considerate of them running within the best range possible for loops in general (1.0-1.5GPM) and haven't looked back since. Get 1-3c delta-T at idle and around 5c at full load.

If I had a open budget, I'm sure I would have went with a custom case like a Caselabs but it could easily run around $1k+ just to get all the accessories as they aren't really included.

In your case, I would maybe look at a 900D and the likes in the $300+ range and go from there. If you still feel the need for a custom case, by all means have at it. Just make sure you have another $800+ for your loop. From the sound of your post and what you want done to the loop, I could see a easy $1k+ just on H20. Lots of heat surface, Blocks, Premium Fans, fittings, tubing, pumps, reservoir, etc. It will add up quick. Also, I'd advice on keeping this all one big loop, of course with the shortest and cleanest route possible.

If you're not aware of but I'd have a look at Performance-pcs and Frozencpu for your one stop shop for this kind of gear.

Hope this helps.

Since you didn't mention overclocking or dual GPU or temp issues, I don't se why you would need Water unless a nice $600+ to burn and a fun hobby to boot.

I's start with a massive well made WCing case, fannage it properly and then decide. A great WCing case will set you back almost $300, leaving you little for WCing properly. If you do it right.

Block for card, $130?
Block for CPU, $100?
Pump, $90?
Fittings, close to $100
Rad (s) $110+
Then add fans that are made for rads.

It's a hobby.............. Cost is no object.

Reading the stickies for a week or 3, not glossing and searching vendors, building parts lists, understanding how much rad you actually need (120.5 or 120x6) will help.

Good luck! It's lotta fun, just need to understand it all.

I just thru a $ Amount out, theirs No limits on Having Fun.

Bought Caselabs Magnum TH10A with pedestal , Going to move the whole setup into it run air cooled for a little while , Record some temps then start building into a water based system.

it gets kinda hot in the pc room no ac in their coming from the living room via fans Most likely going to go overboard because i can , Drop 2 black ice nemesis 560's in the bottom see what i get for temps
it will be Fun 8-14-2015 8-18-00 PM.png
http://www.caselabs-store.com/magnum-th10a/

Last edited:
you do know that water cooling the rig will still heat the room just as bad as air cooling.

Yep, good move on the case. Well, you will be making the exact same amount of heat, or close to it. Room will be no cooler. I know this. I knew this before I watercooled. But WCing was fun and pretty cool making a beautiful PC setup. Fun hobby.

Good luck! Dunno about the same part, shoot happens to all of us. Take your time. Hobbies are to use up hours of spare time and waste hard earned money.

Yep, good move on the case. Well, you will be making the exact same amount of heat, or close to it. Room will be no cooler. I know this. I knew this before I watercooled. But WCing was fun and pretty cool making a beautiful PC setup. Fun hobby.

Good luck! Dunno about the same part, shoot happens to all of us. Take your time. Hobbies are to use up hours of spare time and waste hard earned money.

Thanks looking forward to Advancing my pc hobby in a new , Always a desired direction

Last edited:
Great choice on case! This will look like a fun build. Keep us posted, of course with images. :D

I don't know if I agree with this. While mining, I there was noticeably less heat thrown into my PC room after I put water blocks on the cards. Outside temperatures didn't change, but I had to turn the heat up to keep the room comfortable, whereas before they were water cooled I did not need to have the heat on in that room. I know this goes against everything people say, but it was a noticeable difference for me!

I just got a caselabs. Cost $500. Once you start adding options, it starts adding up. And took two months before I got it. Great case, if you can wait. That leaves you $400 for your loop. You'll probably wind up spending that on blocks and fittings alone, or close to it. Then take fans into account, extensions, tubing, pump/res, fan controller (optional) it starts adding up.

Back