• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 1o and MS Flight Simulator X FSX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pvee

Registered
Upgraded three PC's to win 10. All had FSX on them.

The I-7 pc with Intel Graphics, takes for ever for the FSX screen to come on, then it's only about 80% full but runs ok. Trying to end the program is difficult, usually have to log out of Windows and back ii.

The I-3 PC, FSX screen would stay dark, finally kill the program or log out to recover.
- Put a radeon 6670 in it and it will run with full screen, but the same old problem when trying to terminate the program.

The AMD FX 8320 pc with a Radeon 5700 graphics card worked the best, but still had the issue of trying to close the program.

I have a radeon 6770 I think I will put in the I-7 PC just to see how it works ..

No, That was going to be a last resort since I have exceeded the maximum number of installs already..

I ran into some small issues with games that a quick reinstall of the game fixed.

On my backup I-3 pc I tried a repair of FSX and that didn't fix it so I may reinstall that one for a test when I have time.

Then I did the Uninstall and reinstall. Had to do the Microsoft call to reactivate but it activated.

Still the same problem when trying to close the program.

Note: I wasn't getting the FSX screen to light up after selecting a flight, till I added the Radeon 6670 graphics card.
PC has a I3-4160 w HD graphics.

When I hit Escape, screen goes blank and hangs there. Then I do ctl/alt/delete, select Taskmanager, them the FSX screen pops up and I can X out of it.

thanks,
pvp

Last edited:
Back