• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which TV would you go for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a Vizio P502ui-B1, it's an awesome TV.
If you can swing that size, go for it, if not then go for the Vizio you linked.

I would definitely choose the Vizio over the LG though, simply for the backlighting technology differences.
The Vizio is direct backlit with active dimming. The LG is edge backlit.

I have a Vizio P502ui-B1, it's an awesome TV.
If you can swing that size, go for it, if not then go for the Vizio you linked.

I would definitely choose the Vizio over the LG though, simply for the backlighting technology differences.
The Vizio is direct backlit with active dimming. The LG is edge backlit.

I read the vizio isnt true 120hz is that true? and what makes the backlight tech better?

A question for you guys.

What is the point in a 4K TV at this time? Is there any content?

Do you use it as a gaming monitor? If so, how is the input lag?

A question for you guys.

What is the point in a 4K TV at this time? Is there any content?

Do you use it as a gaming monitor? If so, how is the input lag?

Content is slowly starting to appear, actually.

My reason for purchase was backlighting technology, optical AND RCA output, and # of HDMI inputs; along with future-proofing.
The last TV I owned (an old 32" Insignia 720p) was used for 9 years before my current 50" Vizio replaced it.
I'd be willing to bet that 4K will even be outdated within that timespan.

just being in my cart for a day on amazon, the 49 in vizio went up almost 100 $ in price haha.

One thing to keep in mind, you will be very hard pressed to find ANY tv set with real 120Hz. 120 and 240Hz tv sets(in reality they are 60Hz with artificial 120/240) are more or less artificial (and quite terrible IMO). So don't let a set sway you due to that.

Back