• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New EULA Agreements everywhere

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

motherboard1

Does anyone have any insight into what is behind this rash of new EULA agreements on every game in my Libraries both Steam and Origin. Some games that don't even have multiplayer are all demanding new EULA agreements. I've never seen this before. Crysis 3 was the first one I noticed. It only required a new agreement for accessing the multiplayer which makes sense as you have to update rules for using the MP servers from time to time, and it didn't require any new agreement for using Single player. But then I went on to find all my other games with new EULAs as well. Even single player games like Shadow of Mordor.

Probably because of Windows 10. Could be nothing more but benign rewording of their EULA for the new OS, or rewording to possibly take advantage of W10's data mining. One won't know till they compare the before and after and see what is new.

Btw, I haven't seen any updates on my end in Steam as of yet.

Really? In my steam library the only game that I've tried that hasn't presented me with a EULA is Metro Redux. Shadow of Mordor, Rome 2, Wolfenstein The Old Blood, Xcom Enemy unknown, Borderlands 2 etc. All are presenting me with EULAs. But it's not just Steam Games either.

i have borderlands 2, and shadow of mordor, and neither of them have showed me a new EULA...

Hmm. That's curious. Regional thing maybe? These EULA's have new dates, at least the ones I seen so far.

Just want to update this for whom it may concern (very few I suppose) but I am seeing a little discussion of this on Steam forums, so it's not just me.

If they are in response to W10's over reaching (IMO) EULA , I wonder if the motive is data mining or if asking permission to block some of W10's info gathering to protect proprietary code? I don't know if that even would be relevant.

Back